didn't buy the 394xp,but...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Dan

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I went back to the pawnshop to take a more informed look at the 394xp.I didn't have the tools to remove the muffler so couldn't look for scoring.It started and ran but didn't seem to have a lot of compression when I pulled on the rope [ pulled it without using the decompression buttion] I decided to pass on it.On the other hand,he also had a real clean MS460 magnum that I somehow overlooked the first time I was there.He's got it priced at $300 but he may come down a little.I came home and researched it on AS and Stihl's homesite.To good of a deal to pass on so I'm going to pick it up asap.Wish me luck on it. Dan

NIce

Yea dude, that's dirt cheap. Even if it needs a new jug and piston it's worth it for 300... Rock on bro

:cheers: eh?

Any good chainsaw here in the :heart: of Douglas Fir country is usually overpriced. Stihls command a premium above the rest here though. :smoking:

So, dude, you gonna PM me the info on this pawnshop? I promise not to buy the Stihl, all yours. I've just never seen a pawn shop that actually sells saws.

Mark

Latest posts

Back