diesel fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, he's talking about the new 15ppm sulfur Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel, compared to the old 500ppm Low sulfur diesel.

The problem is the stuff has no lubrication to it at all. Injectors are taking a beating with the stuff, along with a bunch of other parts like pumps.

I don't trust the fuel at all. It killed my last Cummins. Busted an injector and burned a hole through the #5 piston. Now I ALWAYS run with 2-stroke oil Super-Tech marine outboard oil from Wal-Mart). Put in 1oz per gallon... Its hard to mix from the gallon jug, but you can put it in 12oz bottles and then you know exactly how much is going in.

You could always run Howes, Power Service, Stanadyne, etc. The best you can get is B5 Biodiesel... Its an excellent lubricant and solvent. So, you will need to change the fuel filter a bit more often for the first few thousand miles, but after that your fuel system will be like new. 2 Stroke Oil won't stir anything up, but its not as good a lubricant either. Of course that doesn't matter if you can't get B5.

None of this stuff will add any power however, if thats what you're looking for. You'll need to add fuel via the injector pump in order to get more power, if its an electronic engine you'll need a programmer.

+1 on the ECU remap

Biodiesel is about the best lubricity agent around. However, since biodiesel is less caloricaly dense than D2 it will give you less HP not more. Check your manufacturer's recommendations about the supported ration of bio to dino diesel. Some manufacturers won't let you go over 5%.

If you have some cash burning a hole in your pocket you could try this stuff, http://www.hiperfuels.com/catalog.aspx?Merchant=highfuelsn&DeptID=81049.

I settle out and triple filter (5 micron) all our waste motor/hydraulic oil. Add it to all diesel at about 2% mixture with the recomended dosage of power service or Stanadyne. My tri-axle dumps now get 25% better mileage and noticeable power increase. A word of caution- do not do this with synthetic oil.

Try some Lucas Oil Fuel Treatment. I have a Dodge Cummins with 365,000 miles on the original injectors and fuel pump. It works for me and I'm NOT a big snake oil person either.

I have tried Lucas Moreys ATF used oils but nothing seems to beet good old hyd. oil.

Latest posts

Back