"Different" 2-cycle oil!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now put it back together , run a couple of gallons of anuther mix and repost new vs old pics LOL

Still interested in thoughts on that .

Hello , my name is Dan and I love oil threads ..............

That's what's going to happen more than likely. I have some maxima k2 and klotz r50 here.

Dave that doesn't look too bad, but two gallons"as you know" isn't much. I've wanted to do a test like this for some time, but the expense and time involved could get out of hand pretty quick.

Thanks for the update.

Dan I think that a "synthetic blend" is just that. A mix of synthetic and organic oil. I could be wrong! I wish someone could expound on this!
Used Havoline "synthetic blend" once in one of my old Tacoma trucks and got a valve problem in a 22R Toyota motor. Maybe the best motor Toyota ever made! One of the reasons I posted this thread awhile back! Been using synthetics exclusively ever since that problem with that "synthetic blend." Could be just my supperstition!!

I know it may be a play on words but there are some that proudly label their product semi-synthetic and then , for example , Valvoline sells a synthetic blend up here .
Just not sure what that lable really means .
For what it's worth , I've run gallons of synthetic snowmobile injector oil in my saws and trimmers .....

Dave that doesn't look too bad, but two gallons"as you know" isn't much. I've wanted to do a test like this for some time, but the expense and time involved could get out of hand pretty quick.

Thanks for the update.

Yeah I know it's a small sample size but I'm about out of that mix since it's been feeding the Xpw and 288s. I've used almost 5 gallons total on the last month.

I might burn 2-3 more gallons here by the time I'm done cutting these trees here. If I had a milling setup I could probably go through 2 gallons a day.

Back