Do & Don`t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read and re-read the manual just for the extra reinforcement and added information I receive each time I do it. If I ever read a manual or read the posts on this site and don't learn something, I'm not going to continue to use power tools!

As a training officer in the Fire Service for 30 years, I've learned that most of us learn best by reading, seeing, doing and re-reading again. The recruit academy finds we retain only a small amount of material by reading it once. When it's reinforced by practice and re-reading, the retention level goes up by a bunch.

I even read over the owner's manuals of my older vehicles and find they have features I didn't even know were there. Discovery is fun when you're not getting hurt doing it.

Taking my own advice, I always prefer having someone more experienced than myself around. And that don't necessarily mean older - we had a young fellow around 22 yrs. old help a buddy and me cut a few trees. He had worked for Asplundh for a couple years. Learned a couple things and got an excellent grade on my shapening too.

Latest posts

Back