Do I dare split a mcculloch super44 gastank?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOE

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've got a real nice mac super 44 that I'm getting going. The tank needs cleaning and scraping. If I split it, are there replacement gaskets available? Would permatex work to seal it? Thanks

I wouldn't use plain permatex to seal it. I would make a gasket for it, or use "the right stuff" that comes in the cheeze wiz can.

I've got a real nice mac super 44 that I'm getting going. The tank needs cleaning and scraping. If I split it, are there replacement gaskets available? Would permatex work to seal it? Thanks

moe is there a way you can hold off on this i am waiting on my CD for McCulloch ipls that date back way in the 50s to the current ones so as soon as i get that CD i can check it to see if i have them gaskets i hope bob sent off that package i know i payed for it so hope its on its way

only problem with permatex is it may cause a leak later on down the road if i had a part # i can check my inventory out to see if i have a gasket

let me know thanks

calvin

moe is there a way you can hold off on this i am waiting on my CD for McCulloch ipls that date back way in the 50s to the current ones so as soon as i get that CD i can check it to see if i have them gaskets i hope bob sent off that package i know i payed for it so hope its on its way

only problem with permatex is it may cause a leak later on down the road if i had a part # i can check my inventory out to see if i have a gasket

let me know thanks

calvin

I can wait a bit. I'll likely split it and clean it because it reall needs it but I can hold off to reassemble it. I'll likely need a carb kit for it if you have one as well. The saw is at the fire station, (working on it in the evenings when I'm on duty) so I don't have the tilletson number in front of me.

What's the right stuff in a cheese wiz can?

Its this stuff, it works real well with fuel situations. Nasty and sticky.

25224.jpg

Latest posts

Back