Do I lose my mancard

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect timing. I hadn't been here at AS for a while and thought I'd check in today. Finding this thread is perfect because tomorrow I need to noodle up some rounds for splittin' and it's been cooler (for here in Ar'kansas) the last few days (lows in the upper 20's to low 30's) so warming up the saw in front of my woodstove is a great idea. My woodstove happens to be the same style as Harry's (and the one that Rick (Stihl Sawing) used to have). Roy's post about remembering to warm the bar oil is a good one too. Good stuff fellas!

Kevin

My stove looks like that too, and I use a tee instead of a 90. Works great for cleaning the vertical run once a month, and I clean the horizontal run in the summer (but it doesn't really need it).

The screen got pushed in the other day, so I had to take the shell off while I had a (small) fire burning. Easy to do, and not too hot to handle. But sitting in front of the steel box without the cover got hot quickly from the radiant heat that is usually trapped by the shell.

40 years old and still keeping people warm. Had a welder put a 1/4" steel plate on top 2 seasons ago cause the top was growing pinholes from rust from the time it sat unused in an old trailer.

Hey Kevin, Good to see you again.:clap:

Thanks Rick. I'm still doin' the firewood thing, just been busy with other stuff. Most recently I've started down the road of handguns...it's gonna get expensive!

Kevin

What do you all think of Vermont Castings? My brother used to deal them. Both my older brothers had them, and if they had wood, they had no gas bills all winter long. The brother who used to deal them, it's not uncommon to find him in his shorts and nothing else when a fire is going.

http://vermontcastings.com/family/Stoves/Non-Catalytic/Savannah/

Other than that, bump everything everyone has said about the man card: you just elevated the game!

TurnKey4099 - I'm sure none of that affects your mancard status, but if that was your wife's a dress or blouse the chainsaw was on, I would think you would upgrade your status, and even more so if you used your wife's underthings to polish it. (that's why I only wear black underthings :msp_biggrin: ) :laugh: However, I can't promise how long you might live afterwords! :msp_scared:

Latest posts

Back