Do I need more junk?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willsaw4beer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
http://elmira.craigslist.org/tls/981555607.html

I've never worked on old Homelites, was thinking this might be a fun project? I would think that the person either used old/bad/straight gas, or the gaskets/ fuel lines got old and resulted in air leaks. Anything you guys could tell me about these in terms of parts availability, easy of repair, are they good saws, etc., and anything else there is I may find interesting would be appreciated.

:cheers:

Mod It

Brad has one that rocks,I'm sure he'll give ya some pointers on the mods.

good i hope you land it. you can still find a lot of parts for them too including jug and slug if needed, and their pretty easy to tear down too.

http://elmira.craigslist.org/tls/981555607.html

I've never worked on old Homelites, was thinking this might be a fun project? I would think that the person either used old/bad/straight gas, or the gaskets/ fuel lines got old and resulted in air leaks. Anything you guys could tell me about these in terms of parts availability, easy of repair, are they good saws, etc., and anything else there is I may find interesting would be appreciated.

:cheers:

I don't understand why you just did not go out immediately and buy that saw. Its a 925 Homie!. I even have a new P/C kit for one of those just waiting for the right project saw to come along. Jeez you guys, When you see one of these DON'T Procrastinate just go buy them.

I don't understand why you just did not go out immediately and buy that saw. Its a 925 Homie!. I even have a new P/C kit for one of those just waiting for the right project saw to come along. Jeez you guys, When you see one of these DON'T Procrastinate just go buy them.

I've emailed the guy already, at this point I'm waiting for a response...

Those saws had tendency to back screws out under the flywheel giving the impression of a seized engine. Pull the flywheel before you order any engine parts. You will be amazed what torque monsters they are when you get it running.

Believe me, if you get it and get her running, you won't think you're adding more junk! 925s are very sweet saws. You won't regret owning it.

Dan

Latest posts

Back