Do we need to have a Georgia GTG?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty shocked at this. I'm 10 minutes or less from Concord, If I'm not working shouldnt be any problem or me to get there.

Close, eh? guess you'll be tapped to help prep for this then, lol.
If you know where the Cedars Golf Course is, I'm less than a mile from that on Fossett Rd.

Lets not worry about the logs yet because I may be able to scrounge up what we need. I know where there is a huge downed oak (I've already cut two dump trailer loads of firewood out of it) but the main parts are being saved for a guy that is supposed to take it for his bandmill. I know the guy and the wood is going to rot right where it is so maybe I can talk my way into those chunks. I can probably encounter some thick pieces of southern yellow pine (Loblolly or long leaf) and I have a few lengths of 8" misc hardwood stuff around here...
I'm thinking of all the large diameter oak I've cut 16" long within the past year:(
This time of year there are also thunderstorms, tornadoes, etc. so wood will probably become available. I can handle logs but I usually buck up wood onsite so I don't have to transport equipment as that takes time and money but I may need to rethink my ways to source the raw materials needed for this event.

Close, eh? guess you'll be tapped to help prep for this then, lol.
If you know where the Cedars Golf Course is, I'm less than a mile from that on Fossett Rd.

I will be going threw Concord tomorrow. Fossett road sounds familiar. Never been to the Cedars, I'm not much of a golfer.

I am glad to help anyway I can, the only problem is September is still hay season and if we're in the hay field everything else comes second. I would love to be able to cook some brisket or butts for everyone but cant commit to it cause of work. Maybe closer to time I will have a better idea. If help is needed dont hesitate to ask.

If I can make it I got a couple masterminderized saws I can bring. Just dont laugh if they are half covered is saw dust and bar oil, I aint one to keep a saw shiny and new looking.

I'll be home tomorrow most of the day. Stop in if your schedule allows. I'm about 2 minutes off hwy 18 between Concord and Zebulon. my phone is 7-584-9020

I'll be home tomorrow most of the day. Stop in if your schedule allows. I'm about 2 minutes off hwy 18 between Concord and Zebulon. my phone is 7-584-9020
I'd like to but will be hauling bulls and no time to stop. I'll be on the look out for fossett rd, I think I know where it is.

Count me in. I've got a few saws I can bring including a piped 3120.
I'd love to talk with folks that know how to make these run! Be happy to load up a sizable trunk of white or red oak.

Count me in. I've got a few saws I can bring including a piped 3120.
I'd love to talk with folks that know how to make these run! Be happy to load up a sizable trunk of white or red oak.

Ha! first dibs on running it! hehehehe

OK........so.....Chris you can bring food then. :laugh:
Man Yea !! I can bring what ever we need !!:)
Just let me know on any wood it want be any trouble to load some on the gooseneck and bring it on out.
And what you going to bring Randy besides all those fast saws !! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back