Do you have an electronic chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Electric saws and BATTERY powered saws are a whole different thing here! I have a 110- volt ac electric jobber myself that I use once in a while. They cut slow but for light use they do fine.
Even a small gasser will out cut them! My favorite little guy is my Echo cs-310, ---- small, light, starts first pull, and cuts fast.
Second fav. is the sthil 009-L , harder to keep running but a nice little saw and balanced so it feels good running it.

Compared with gas-powered chainsaws, what are the advantages and disadvantages?

So we all know that electricity is a more eco-friendly resource and there are some states that have a law to limit gas-powered equipment, why there are so many gas-powered types of equipment exist now?
I use both types, depending on the job at hand. Two-stroke saws are definetly more powerful but also a lot more fiddly and noisy. Battery saws require less maintenance but you need to carry a few spare charged batteries to cut a truckload of firewood. If the diameter of the logs exceeds 12" I use a two-stroke. My little 40v battery saw only has a 12" bar and struggles with anything over 10". I like using though.

Latest posts

Back