Do You Read or Skip the Stihl vs Husky Threads?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
husky vs. stihl

It's a tough question that is often answered biased. My experience with stihl owner are like gmc owner. I wouldn't be caught dead in a ford. By the way I own a gmc product and a ford product. Some saw owners are loyal and refuse to acknowledge other saws-even if they have problems they won't admit it. 12 yrs. ago I purchased a stihl 026. Was told it was one of the best saws stihl ever built. Got a lemon. It never ran right which led to poor cutting and hard starts. It was in and out of the shop many times. Was told "there is nothing wrong with it. The new saws are leaned out and start harder". Well it burned up a few yrs. ago while cutting a small tree. That made my day. I went out a bought a stihl farm boss. It didn't cut too bad but still I expected more. I guess my real complaint was it started too hard. After sawing for 1/2 hr. and letting it sit for five min. it would take 3 or 4 pulls to start it again. Not happy. 3 yrs. ago I purchase a husky 357xp. The best saw I have ever owned. It not only meets my expections but exceeds them. I couldn't ask for a better starting and running saw. I was so impressed a yr. later I bought a345 husky for trim work. I don't know if I got an exceptional runner but i use it for cutting everything the 16" bar will go thru. This little saw would cut circle around my pro 026. No I am not anti-pro against stihl. I own a stihl weed wacker. 2-cycle garden tiller and yesterday I purchase a stihl BR600 backpack leaf blower for $500.00. I think stihl makes a good saw. I just haven't found one.

Latest posts

Back