Does Anyone Have Any Other Hobbies Other Than Falling Timber and Working on Saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beside collecting saws and running, I also collect Studebakers. This is but just a sampling:

Cars....

62GTHawk.jpg

Trucks....

58Transtar.jpg

halloween005.jpg

And horsedrawns....

1904buggy040.jpg

Surrey1.jpg

I don't fall timber. I don't work on saws. I cut stuff that is in the way and for firewood. I take the saws to a saw shop for any fixing. I want to have time for hobbies. I think I'm normal?

Kayaking in the summer and skiing, both kinds, in the winter. I got a season's pass for this upcoming winter and am looking forward to skiing on the brand new part of the hill. It'll be twice the area of the old. :biggrinbounce2: I like to ski down to the yurt and have a microbrew and rubber puppy. If it is a rare, sunny day, one can go outdoors and have lunch. It don't get much better!

I don't fall timber. I don't work on saws. I cut stuff that is in the way and for firewood. I take the saws to a saw shop for any fixing. I want to have time for hobbies. I think I'm normal?

Kayaking in the summer and skiing, both kinds, in the winter. I got a season's pass for this upcoming winter and am looking forward to skiing on the brand new part of the hill. It'll be twice the area of the old. :biggrinbounce2: I like to ski down to the yurt and have a microbrew and rubber puppy. If it is a rare, sunny day, one can go outdoors and have lunch. It don't get much better!

I feel a little like I'm being set-up, but what's a "rubber-puppy"?

Hey John,

If you want rid of one of the 2100 full wrap bars, I know a guy in Georgia (USA) that could use one.....

Summer- gardening, camping/fishing, and making lantern fuel out of molasses, brown sugar and honey;).

Fall- Hunting

Winter- sholving snow, small wood working projects while burning lantern fuel:hmm3grin2orange:

Spring- shoveling slush and trenching the yard while burning lantern fuel.

Ahhh yes, lantern fuel. It sure does help to be self sufficient for when the power goes out!!

Summer- nothing much cause I'm always so busy.
Fall- Deer hunting, football, cutting firewood.
Winter- cutting firewood.
Spring- Turkey hunting.

I also enjoy fishing. And like to ride my ATV thru the woods when I get the time. I just love being outdoors man.

I also am very fond of shooting sports with bow or rifle. And I enjoy reloading also.

Last edited:
Golf when I have the time (I'm on a 9 handicap).
Car Audio.
Shooting/hunting.
Reloading (although this has become a chore the older I get :( )
Freshwater lure fishing when I have the time.
But yeah, um, chainsaws and, um, more chainsaws :cheers:

This is what I spend most of my free time with now.

030-1.jpg

I used to have 2-3 diesel trucks and sled pull a little when work allowed. I still like to go and watch the pulls. Here's a video of the 07 I built to pull a few years ago. It has around 600 hp to the wheels.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Am9ec-5DSh4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Am9ec-5DSh4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I've done comp BBQ since 1993. I don't compete as much as I used to, but still do photography for a couple of BBQ publications and Brown Forman. Growing tomatoes and keeping up with the house, yard and firewood take up a lot of time. I have a 1964 356 C Porsche that needs to be redone.

Well, I have two little girls that take up most of my time (and thats a good thing!)

I'm into M1 Garands and other WWII rifles. I am building a new match Garand if I ever get time to work on it. Have owned over a dozen. I reload for the old fellers too

Also collect knives and axes. Mainly Strider, Emerson, Busse.

Also endless yardwork, gardening etc. Currently working on a mole eradication plan. Not going so well....

My plan was to take up golf again this year but so far, wood and chainsaws seems to be getting in the way. A friend just dropped another big load of elm so it looks like it is getting put off again. :hmm3grin2orange:

I'm getting ready to put in a second stove so currently looking at tile, etc. for the hearth pad and wall. Also, doing new flooring on the first floor of the house which always seems to get put off for something else.

Back