Does Anyone Have Any Other Hobbies Other Than Falling Timber and Working on Saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run a shop, i fix bikes and 4wheelers, and of course saws! IVe got more projects than a 22 year old man needs, I got 7 bikes i work on, im going to get back at the harley this winter, EVERYTHING is new, plus im powdercoating a bunch of stuff on it. I also hunt alot, alot of deer, and as my name implies Im a proud owner of an 85 pound, year and a half old bluetick BABY! thinks hes a lap dog, but man is he fun to let work. Fur price here sucks, maybe 8 bucks this year for a good coon, but its more about running my hound, just good fun. I also do some woodworking (have a very craftsy girlfriend that likes to repurpose old stuff). but with my shop i dont have alot of free time, fall of course is the busiest time of year for everyone. Oh, and did i mention BEER? Budweiser. Mmmm. and copenhagen.
Good evening tickhound. What's a good coon hide bring in a good year. I remember Dad trapping in the 80s getting 18 to 20 dollars for a decent one.:givebeer:

Good evening tickhound. What's a good coon hide bring in a good year. I remember Dad trapping in the 80s getting 18 to 20 dollars for a decent one.:givebeer:
Last year was not a good year, and I averaged about 7 bucks. My best year was 4 years ago we averaged just over 15. When dad trapped a good coon was 35. Its a shame. In a few years nobody will buy raw furs.

Last year was not a good year, and I averaged about 7 bucks. My best year was 4 years ago we averaged just over 15. When dad trapped a good coon was 35. Its a shame. In a few years nobody will buy raw furs.
I here ya tickhound. You have to do it now for the love of doing it and not the hide prices:rock2:. Have a great evening buddy. :givebeer:

Why would falling timber and working on saws be a hobby? I thought most folks on here are professional loggers/arborists or mechanics?

Why would falling timber and working on saws be a hobby? I thought most folks on here are professional loggers/arborists or mechanics?[/QUOTE
Because AS is more than saws or tree trimming, yes it covers those extremely well but every man or woman that works with their hands has something to learn from this site.

This *is* my hobby (working on saws)

'in real life' I raise cattle

Other hobbies are music, wrenching on other stuff, some computer programming, some photography

I'm a operator by day and piddle with saws all night and squeeze cattle farming in as well. Damn I'm a busy man. Saws are taking over though I have to many and way to many to modify but nobody makes me work on saws so I love it, my job on the other hand. I spend most of my spare time consumed with getting my hands on every saw I can find and there easy to find cause ain't nobody around here rebuilds or ports any so I get lots of seized big saws usually for free or close to it wich just fans my fire, I think I know how a drug addict feels.

Me neither really, I get it gave to me but then it's gotta b perfect down to the last bolt then port it and then pretend to the wife I'm gonna sell it to recoup the money I spent fixing it up but I hoard it back with all the rest. I do sell saws but It's not easy. I've got 5 ported 395's and hardly never use one plus 2 ported 394's a few 372's and 288's and a mountain of stihls yet I only use my 064. I did get a basically unused 084 the other day and still get a little flushed when I look at it, this truly is a disease.

mountain biking, building and maintaining trails

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_20130704_155723_965.jpg

I'd love to find a 2 stroke mower again.. had an old Mastercraft one that I really killed.. SOOO much lighter to push than any 4 stroke!

Back