Does Anyone Take Their Dog in the Bush?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Here's a picture of Jack on his first trip into the bush. Jack's not afraid of anything.
John

jack.jpg

I had a small brown mutt that had been beaten by his owner, it jumped in my truck and I couldn't leave him there. I tried to give him to my Dad, but he won't stay put. I took him everywhere, mostly because I couldn't get shed of him. He didn't mind saw work, kept out of the way, rode a Cat with an old man, barked at the yarderman. He went insane with snakes, that was his end, while whipping a big Timber, it bit his ass, he was gone in minutes, I didn't see it happen, he died under my truck. I never named him, never had to call him, he was always there.

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EvseCDiyNXQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EvseCDiyNXQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

He's better looking than me.
He's smarter than me.
But that don't matter.
It's that he's the fartin champion! :cry:

Last edited:
I had a small brown mutt that had been beaten by his owner, it jumped in my truck and I couldn't leave him there. I tried to give him to my Dad, but he won't stay put. I took him everywhere, mostly because I couldn't get shed of him. He didn't mind saw work, kept out of the way, rode a Cat with an old man, barked at the yarderman. He went insane with snakes, that was his end, while whipping a big Timber, it bit his ass, he was gone in minutes, I didn't see it happen, he died under my truck. I never named him, never had to call him, he was always there.

Hell of a story. My lab is a weenie around loud noises (great dog otherwise, though) and I'm afraid a coyote or a bobcat will heist my Chihuahua while I'm working. Too bad, cause he's one heck of a little pal... he has no idea that he is nine pounds.

Fun looking dog, John.

Over 30 years ago I was cutting firewood on the mountain where I grew up. Unbeknownst to me, my Dad had come up the mountain with our dogs in tow. I was dropping a dead oak across the road and looked up as I backed away from the tree. My brother's dog was standing in the road right in the path of the tree. I hollered, but she did not move. The tree came down on top of her and the only thing that saved her was a crook at the top that prevented the trunk from hitting the ground.

Luck was with me, other than being scared she was unhurt. I have made it a point not to have animals around when cutting since then.

I take The Used Dog out with me if it is cool, and if we won't be around logging operations. The small operation that has been going, has been OK for him.

He's well behaved, just whines a lot, and when tired won't try hard to jump into the pickup, so I heave him in, 40 pounds at a time. He weighs 80. He goes on hikes too, and always goes woodcutting.

I wish he could split and load the wood.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I would take mine but one doesnt stick around and the other hates anything with a motor and will attack it I cant even run a saw where he can get to it. Hes a 90lb pitbull and can pick up the front end of my push mower by the wheel. lol

DSCF9560.jpg

This is my sweet girl Katie bell,she's 3 and around 120 lbs white shepherd. This is the best dog I've ever had or heard of,and I know everyone thinks that but its true for me.

Skip

John, Skip lived to the ripe old age of 13.It started with a bad valve in his heart, then phenomena set in and his hind quarters had problems. I had him put to sleep.He was smart. When my wife opened the frig, Skip would grab a beer and bring it to me. He loved to help unload groceries,Ken
attachment.php
[/IMG]

Latest posts

Back