Does my furnace qualify for the $1500 tax credit??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

padgett152

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I recently installed the Fire Chief 700 add on wood furnace, and I love it by the way. Does anyone know if it qualifies for the $1500 tax credit? If it does, does it matter that I bought it used? :msp_unsure:

I recently installed the Fire Chief 700 add on wood furnace, and I love it by the way. Does anyone know if it qualifies for the $1500 tax credit? If it does, does it matter that I bought it used? :msp_unsure:

Used didn't qualify. I say didn't, because I'm pretty sure that ended a couple years ago. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I got $1500 tax credit for the spray foam insulation I had installed in my walls, BTW (if anybody cares) :msp_biggrin:

I purchased a new OWB two years ago and ask my tax man then if I qualified for this deduction and was told that this deduction did not exist anymore (I am talking straight furnace deduction now) . I am pretty sure this program is done but I would still check and see just to be sure.

Back