Does this seem fishy to you?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called the seller. He said he didn't get any notification that the saw had sold, so he had his brother-in-law list the saw(same with the splitter). He was able to give me good information on the saw and its history, how it broke, and what happened with the log splitter, as well. I felt like he was being truthful. His eBay selling name is the same as his last name and when I called his place, the machine answered and identified him as the homeowner and I have his home address. I think I will chance sending the money. I can afford to risk this much to see if my gut feeling was right. All I got from eBay was that they could see no foul play as of yet and that the seller needed to request them to look into the second listing if he was worried about it.

If this deal goes sour, you guys can rip on me about it. I will deserve it. But, he seemed more like he didn't know how to run the computer than that he wanted to take me to the cleaners.

I called the seller. He said he didn't get any notification that the saw had sold, .... Snip

All he had to do was check the listing...That sounds like BS to me...

Maybe he was going to try to get more $$$ for it and then give you some excuse why he couldn't ship it...

"The dog ate your chainsaw" :dizzy:

Hope it works out well for you in the end...

Last edited:
Pay attention to the sellers Feedback rating! If its under 95 percent...there is ALWAYS a reason. I won't even bid unless the feedback is above 97 percent.

My oldest daughter bid on some boots for Polo (Horse stuff) and they never showed...over $300 bucks were sent. eBay is no help. NEVER expect them to do anything except send boiler plate responses..

My feed back rating is lower than that, buts thats because I allways neg the liars and get a return neg. Check his neg from buyers and what was sold.

There are a lot of liars and scammers on E-bay. I always pay with a credit card on pay-pal that makes it easier to recover.

...That sounds like BS to me...

Maybe he was going to try to get more $$$ for it and then give you some excuse why he couldn't ship it....

I think you got it, his excuse makes no sense. If he thought it didn't sell, he could have relisted again for free using his account with 100% feedback, instead of paying a new fee to list it with his other alias that only has an 87.5 rating.

:dizzy:

I would have run from this item "big time":

1. Seller's feeback is <90%
2. His FB history is only based on 6 transactions.
3. He doesn't take Paypal

I got the saw in the mail today. It is just as advertised. Good comp and spark, but no recoil(like he said). The guy could still be a crook or a scammer, but he did good by me. I try to go with my gut and most of the time I do OK.

Cool & congrats, so.................. whatcha gonna do now mon?

Phew, Good for you. :cheers:

I will have a extra 490 recoil cover when I find another yellow one for my 5000. :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back