Dolmar 120

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ-Bill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I found one that needs a P&C I can probably get it for $20 and a 1/2 hr drive.. should I jump on it? how easy are the parts to find?

Pistons are easy cylinders not so much. Unless it is really scored bad you can clean it up pretty good with some acid and a light hone. I just got a 120 going that was scored and after a new set of rings and a quick clean up still got 155# of compression.

Some think that these regular 120 are to heavy for the power but I really like mine. Runs very strong,

Well I picked up the 120 yeaterday.. The guy handed me over a milk crate full of parts, not the complete saw that was pictured in his ad. So my 1st impression was that this saw was going to remain in the crate under my bench for parts. I gave it the quick once over this morning, someone has taken it apart and determined that it needs a P&C. From what I can see the they both look fine. I think what the problem was is that the key sheared off the crank. Anyway I'm going to take the Cylinder off after and see what the verdict is.

imgp4904p.jpg

imgp4905n.jpg

imgp4906.jpg

and here we are.. not to bad at all..

imgp4910.jpg

imgp4911q.jpg

there's 1 score I'm concerened about on the cylinder you can see in the picture on top of the port but other then that it's pretty damm smooth. I think it'll run once I remove the old key and replace the pull cord.

You will really like that saw - I have one in yellow and it is very strong. If it is not a goer I will pay $ for the ignition.:D

Al.

Do you have the Dolmar part number? I know someone that recently purchased a closed down inventory of a Dolmar/Husky/JRed shop.
Barney.
The part number is 119 142 100 (119 142 200 will also work). Also need a brake band (#119 213 120) for a 120S.

Thanks

I need a Dolmar ignition P/N 144 142 100 or Poulan 6000 P/N 90237 if anyone knows where one can be found.

Back