Dolmar 133... really 10HP??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alive but still a little issue to sort out.
The carb has been my biggest issue. Lent mine to my brother for a year...he just let it sit with old fuel...so now I'm cleaning it up again. It definitely has decent power...but is also fairly heavy. Its my big wood saw....looking for a Husky 372 xp for daily stuff...

I'd like to know how a 133 compares with a p51. Maybe at next years PNW gtg i can find out. So far the P series 80cc saws seem to be at the top of the lune aa mine beat my 5400 by a bit and trounced my 5 cube 045 and 850.

I have a 133 with no spark; if anyone knows of a replacement module that works I'd love to find out what it is.

Wish I could find a reliable reference for the carb on my Dolmar 133xp. I know its a Tillotson from Ireland....but the model numbers are mostly eradicated. Is it the 203b....or 205? Any help would be appreciated....especially if I need to source a whole new carb let alone just the carb kit!!!

Wish I could find a reliable reference for the carb on my Dolmar 133xp. I know its a Tillotson from Ireland....but the model numbers are mostly eradicated. Is it the 203b....or 205? Any help would be appreciated....especially if I need to source a whole new carb let alone just the carb kit!!!
Page 16, 17 in the ipl

Attachments

• 123-133 ipl.pdf
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
Got an mid 80's 133 Super. Strongest falling saw I've ever used....and I've used an 056 and an 064 for falling big trees......several over 8' at the butt. The 133 Super @ 85cc pulled as hard as the 056 (@81 cc)...both with a 36" bar. The 064 pulled harder... but wasn't available in the mid 80's when I bought the 133 Super......but scarcity of parts is keeping me from continued use until I fix or replace the carb on it

Page 16, 17 in the ipl
Thanks.....it appears the HS203D is my carb....especially looking at the blow-up I can see some anomalies peculiar to the carb I have.

Well....I finally got the carb cleaned out after sourcing the appropriate Welsh plugs and screens. Pulled the cylinder and amazingly....both the cylinder and piston are pristeen. So...got 'er all slammed together with fresh gas and a new plug - *Bingo*!!! Roared to life like it was brand new!! Put it up against my Stihl 460 and my buddy's Husky 372 XP and it wasnt even close. The 133 Super cut a 40" log in half the time of the 460....and even quicker than the Husky. Both the 460 and Husky had lighter sharper chains....with the Dolmar running a new chain out the box(re:heavier!). The only huge drawback was the weight. With both the Dolmar and Stihl running identical 28" bars and skip tooth chains....the Stihl only weighed 20lbs....the Dolmar was hitting 27 pounds as measured!!! Ouch!!!

Back