Dolmar 5100 problem solved

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rshaffer3

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well after two months of this saw having idle problems I think I finally got it solved. The fuel line was sucking in some air right where it attaches to the carb. I put a zip tie around the line and tightened it down and the saw finally runs as advertised on all the postings from this site. I cut two full tanks today and it ripped. I'm running a 3/8 pitch for the first time and I really like it better than .325.

glad to hear its running good...I love my 5100 but i seem to grab the 7900 more often for some reason lol....Maybe its like taking a top fuel dragster to get groceries lol...I want to try the 3/8 setup myself as i have 325 on mine also now...

yep

glad to hear its running good...I love my 5100 but i seem to grab the 7900 more often for some reason lol....Maybe its like taking a top fuel dragster to get groceries lol...I want to try the 3/8 setup myself as i have 325 on mine also now...

DITTO

5100 with .325 and an 18 bar is a very good saw . With a 3/8 , 16 its a great saw . I should not have waited so long to replace it

hmmmm never thought about goin down to a 16"...then i could just keep my 18" bar and all my .325 chains...Then i just need to switch the drum when i switch the bars...not a bad idea :)

It's so easy to make the switch. I did this today. Had the 16" bar with 3/8 square ground on. Needed to cut a lot of brush at ground level. Just popped off the 3/8 outboard sprocket, put the 325 bar and the original stock chain with the bump guards, and I was ready to hit the dirt!
Scott

sucking air at carb fitting

I had problem like this on a Pioneer 1072 HolidayII, turned out that a plugged fuel filter was the problem, it was easier to suck in air than fuel through the filter. Check the tank vent as well.

Latest posts

Back