dolmar 5100s bad news

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got a good laugh today and its on the video I made with the new camera with sound. I was testing 4 project saws and 2 limbers and 3 modded saws for fun. Well the last and 9th saw run was my 066 and the freaking recoil got stuck and I had to go tear into it before finishing the vid. Yes I held it to the camera and teased you bleeding orange guys and yes only the stihl was hanging the starter rope out of 9 saws run today.
2 poulans
1craftsman/poulan
2 stihl
2 partner
1 dolmar
1 husky

We've had Zero recoil issues on the 5100. Take the recoil off the saw to make sure nothing is broke.

Steve

Cut4fun said:
Fun day till something flew through the poly flywheel on the 066 and broke fins off and chipped all the others. Found the culprit a brass looking spacer, from where I may never no.

Looks like an Expensive day ..

:D

well i took of the cover and the rope somehow was tangled in the recoil a few minutes rewinding and wala fixed but still wary it would happen on a new saw oh well we will see runs out great though 2,5 tanks and counting

North Wood said:
well i took of the cover and the rope somehow was tangled in the recoil a few minutes rewinding and wala fixed but still wary it would happen on a new saw oh well we will see runs out great though 2,5 tanks and counting

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers:

Cut4fun said:
Well I got a good laugh today and its on the video I made with the new camera with sound. I was testing 4 project saws and 2 limbers and 3 modded saws for fun. Well the last and 9th saw run was my 066 and the freaking recoil got stuck and I had to go tear into it before finishing the vid. Yes I held it to the camera and teased you bleeding orange guys and yes only the stihl was hanging the starter rope out of 9 saws run today.
2 poulans
1craftsman/poulan
2 stihl
2 partner
1 dolmar
1 husky

Kind of funny. ALL my recoil and bite-back problems all stopped when I put a new rope/Elastostart kit in my 066. And I have one of those "old logger" saws with a bazillion hours on it.

Mark

North Wood said:
ok so i went out and was playing with the brand new 5100 run out of the first tank of gas and refilled it pulled on the ripcord and wamo the cord jammed about 1 foot out wont recoil or pull out further

here is the kicker as a fun gift my brother gave me a toy craftsman chainsaw
this thing is so cheap of a toy but it is still working and the dolmar is not after 1 tank of gas DOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!

it's always a sad thing when a good name saw has a bad day........:(

STIHLSamantha said:
it's always a sad thing when a good name saw has a bad day........:(
Yup... Sttttttt, Stih...... Ah. Those orenge white saws has many of those day's.

:blob2:

This happends to all brands and models I think.
I never seen it on a Dolmar before though but plenty 026/260.

Mange said:
Yup... Sttttttt, Stih...... Ah. Those orenge white saws has many of those day's.

:blob2:

This happends to all brands and models I think.
I never seen it on a Dolmar before though but plenty 026/260.

Blis' Husky just had a bad day also, but maybe you could help him with some tips on getting an old 238 in good shape as a back-up......

Blis' tread

Figured it out

EARLIER POST: Fun day till something flew through the poly flywheel on the 066 and broke fins off and chipped all the others. Found the culprit a brass looking spacer, from where I may never no.

TODAY: Well my own stupidity with not knowing stihl saws and how they are put together cost me that poly flywheel. The little brass insert in the top left side of top cover fell out during taching saws last week or so. It finally got caught up in the fins to do some damage.
So why are these inserts not made to stay in the plastic top?
Not very costly though $45 for a new flywheel.
Plus she ran like a top cutting through 12" today in cuts for fun. :rock:

The inserts are pressed into the plastic and rarely come loose -If you have one like that you should check the others.

$45 poly flywheel ??? - I assume it's used, or you got one hell of a deal!

Back