• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade dolmar 5100s plus $ for 550xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greengreer

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Saw is in good shape, overall very clean and with very little wear. Bought about 7-8 months ago and used several days a week since for work and firewood. Can do pho, 16" 3/8 .050 60dl oregon bar w lgx 7t, or 15" .325 .050 total super bar 64-65 dl bar w lpx 8t. Will add cash for a saw in similiar shape. Not really interested in selling. I like the saw alot. Great power, really screams. But I find myself wanting to try the 550. the maybe 1/4 lb less weight and autotune are what intrigue me. KIMG0030.jpg KIMG0030.jpg KIMG0023.jpg

I have used the 5100 in the past and currently own 2x 5105's and 2x 346xp's and a ported 550xp. Have lots of time on stock 550xp's also

Despite having so many top 50cc pro Husky saws I still use the 5105's quite a lot. Depends what i am doing. The better inside and outside spikes on the Dolmar mean i can more easily do much bigger bucking or felling cuts compared to the crappy tiny spikes on the 550xp and 346xp. For limbing of standing trees or stripping a felled trunk then its always the 346xp.

My ported 550xp is an amazing saw. So much power in the same light and nimble chassis. I seem to notice the balance and handling of a saw much more than say a tiny 1/4 lb weight difference.
Stock for stock i would probably go for the Dolmar over the 550xp, simply because i have had them longer and know i can trust the reliability. If i had better bucking spikes on the 550xp and the AT system was a little less temperamental then i might change my mind.

I personally don't think you can go wrong with either saw.

How is your autotune tempermental? I have a 2011 576xpat and has been almost flawless.
I think the 5100 is certainly the better bucking and felling saw of the two. The husky just feels smaller and lighter even though theres not much of a weight difference.

Back