Dolmar 6100 vs ms362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
562xp = $740msrp
6100= $610msrp

I'll take a same weight saw with 0.2 HP less for $130 less.

I'm a Dolmar dealer and walk in price on a 6100 is $549 plus tax. Retail is only $574.95. So with these prices make a comparison to the other saws listed.

The only reason to get a Dolly 6100 is because you happen to think a used SAAB is an interesting car to own.
Wow! That's some really educated talk there. You should try one some day. Let's say ten years from now. I bet you'll feel really stupid than that you where not able to use a break down free saw with more torque for all those years!
But hey, it's your money. Spend it the way you want. I don't care.

Don't judge someone's choice. Especially if you never used the gear you are taking about!

Wolter

562xp = $740msrp
6100= $610msrp

I'll take a same weight saw with 0.2 HP less for $130 less.

It is not about the same weight, and the whole concept behind the saw really is totally different regarding handling, agility and responsiveness - so a comparison really is futile.

Regarding weight, also remember that the 562xp is the "heavy" version of the 560xp/2260.

A broken-in 562xp or 362 M will hand a 6100 it's ass all day long, and in bigger wood, and get you better MPG while doing it, and beat the snot of the 6100 if you resell as well. The only reason to get a Dolly 6100 is because you happen to think a used SAAB is an interesting car to own.

Got any vids to prove a statement like that or do you call 1/2 second difference in a 15 second cut beating the snot out of 1 saw or another. I'd guess most good 60cc saws are real close in cutting speed. Steve

Wow! That's some really educated talk there. You should try one some day. Let's say ten years from now. I bet you'll feel really stupid than that you where not able to use a break down free saw with more torque for all those years!
But hey, it's your money. Spend it the way you want. I don't care.

Don't judge someone's choice. Especially if you never used the gear you are taking about!

Wolter

Doubtful; especially since I own none of the aforementioned saws.

Got any vids to prove a statement like that or do you call 1/2 second difference in a 15 second cut beating the snot out of 1 saw or another. I'd guess most good 60cc saws are real close in cutting speed. Steve

You mean to tell me you think a factory Dolmar would match an M-Tronic Stihl and an AT Husqvarna? That's something I would like to see, as well.

Can you get bigger dogs for the 6100 ?
I'm not buying a jonsenred or husqvarna . I refuse to buy a saw from companies selling them at box stores that are basically all poulons with different plastic and yeah I realize they reserve their pro line for saw shops but it's the principle . If they cheapened em up for the box store than it makes me question if they are cutting corners in their pro line up too

Can you get bigger dogs for the 6100 ?
I'm not buying a jonsenred or husqvarna . I refuse to buy a saw from companies selling them at box stores that are basically all poulons with different plastic and yeah I realize they reserve their pro line for saw shops but it's the principle . If they cheapened em up for the box store than it makes me question if they are cutting corners in their pro line up too

What about a company that rebrands, repaints, and then sells their saws in box stores?

lot's of variables, most people are like me I think. Stihl, husky maybe a little higher, but when I buy a new saw I want a dealer close by with good support. my ms 291 coil went out two weeks ago. One week later it was fixed, the dealer is on my way to work, not out of my way. Plus he ask me if I needed a loner saw until my saw was up. I work a full time job, cut firewood every day when I can get in the woods with out getting stuck. I don't want or have time to drive out of my way, or box a saw up to get covered work, just to be different or so I can say my blue saw is as good as your stihl.

What about a company that rebrands, repaints, and then sells their saws in box stores?
Because it's rented out isn't the same as selling junk ..Your missing the point Makita is not a poulon with a orange jacket

Well surprisingly I wouldn't buy a husky as the title indicates I wasn't even considering that brand

You mean to tell me you think a factory Dolmar would match an M-Tronic Stihl and an AT Husqvarna? That's something I would like to see, as well.
Well this has been posted a few times so far, but for those not informed the 6100 was brand new and the 562 was from a customer...

It is not about the same weight, and the whole concept behind the saw really is totally different regarding handling, agility and responsiveness - so a comparison really is futile.

Regarding weight, also remember that the 562xp is the "heavy" version of the 560xp/2260.
Somehow these explanations always remind me of what another member in another forum wrote.
If this weight difference is to much for you, then you shouldn't be cutting wood in the first place. Because that wood is going to outweigh by a exceptional margin anything you are cutting it with!

As usual we see the same members in a thread that has to do with dolmar and as usual we see the same comments again and again. As if repeating would help them convince themselves...

@flotek
What I have read from a few exerienced users here in Europe is that if you cut mainly spruce/pine/fir/etc. then the 562/560 is the way to go. If on the other hand you cut mainly oak, beech and other hardwoods then you should look at the 362 or 6100.
Of course the mt version is the only sensible option of the two 362 versions available at the moment.

I would get a 6100 and be very happy with your savings. And I know that the same comments are always present beginning with "over the life time...". Well over the lifetime of the saw the cheaper saw will have included a spare bar and 1/2 dozen Stihl chains in the same price!

Good luck!

I'm a Dolmar dealer and walk in price on a 6100 is $549 plus tax. Retail is only $574.95. So with these prices make a comparison to the other saws listed.
I was going to tell the OP that he should take an hr or so drive south because that's what they are advertised for around these parts.

Isn't the owner of that vid a Dolmar fanatic? Sort of makes it difficult to trust it. Got any third party tests?

Here in Europe, they do not differentiate the type of saw for the type of wood except when they talk 346 VS 261, really. And even then, they do less talking about that nonsense here than in the US. If you own Stihls, you generally buy another. Same with Husky. The 560XP is very popular now. I personally use a ported MS361 when I go 60cc, and also when I go 50cc as I dont cut wood small enough to generally warrant a 50.

Weight makes a difference. Why carry a 70cc saw if it displaces only 60cc's? I don't carry logs around all day, or up hill, but I do carry a chainsaw around all day. Weight always matters.

Wonder would a 6100 do this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't the owner of that vid a Dolmar fanatic? Sort of makes it difficult to trust it. Got any third party tests?
No he is not a dolmar fanatic! He is a dolmar dealer. But I must say that I trust the video, because over the years I have read a lot of comments from 166 and have the impression of him being quite neutral in this brandbashing. And yes we are all hoping for more tests compairing all three models, because we know they will truely be objective.

Here in Europe, they do not differentiate the type of saw for the type of wood except when they talk 346 VS 261, really. And even then, they do less talking about that nonsense here than in the US. If you own Stihls, you generally buy another. Same with Husky. The 560XP is very popular now. I personally use a ported MS361 when I go 60cc, and also when I go 50cc as I dont cut wood small enough to generally warrant a 50.
Well here in Europe we do differentiate the type of saw for the type of wood.

Weight makes a difference. Why carry a 70cc saw if it displaces only 60cc's? I don't carry logs around all day, or up hill, but I do carry a chainsaw around all day. Weight always matters.
Absolutely correct if your are only a logger. But as far as I recall the OP was from a fellow looking for a "firewood" saw.... So I really believe that we should, if we want to answer to this thread, take his needs into account and not our own.
Wonder would a 6100 do this:
Why didn't you try out a 6100 and do a comparrison? Should be some Dolmar dealers up there that would be willing to let a logger try out some equipment.

Last edited:
IMHO don't worry about brand. Focus on the dealer because if you rely on the warranty or you don't work on your own saws the dealer is the most important thing in a new saw purchase. Husqvarna, Stihl, Dolmar all make great saws but not all dealers are great. If you work on your own stuff or take brand new saws and port them the dealer doesn't matter as much.

Did you not say that you have 'read' that certain saws are used for certain types of wood in Europe? I work here in both logging and forestry. I don't just read here.

Ah a Dolmar dealer. Much more trustful to compare Dolmar products to other makes, no?
Weren't we just having a marketing discussion with the OP in a previous post?

As I also stated previously, I do not have a horse in this race. We're probably going to have to wait for a GTG before the truth comes out. I hope the 6100 wins. It would be good for all of us, really.

Ah a Dolmar dealer. Much more trustful to compare Dolmar products to other makes, no?
It is the only video footage that I am aware of at the moment. And since the 562 is AT there is not much that can be done (besides dulling the chain, but that would be obvious) to tamper the saw.
Weren't we just having a marketing discussion with the OP in a previous post?

As I also stated previously, I do not have a horse in this race. We're probably going to have to wait for a GTG before the truth comes out. I hope the 6100 wins. It would be good for all of us, really.
I sure am hoping for a GTG where all saws have a identically sharpenend brand chain. The carbs set and some great videos so that we finally have some better evidence. The problem as far as I see it, is that everyone is porting their chainsaw's today. So having "stock" comparisons is extremely difficult.

Latest posts

Back