Dolmar 7900 complaints.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO, you don't want to resemble that... "Sappy" is "coveredinsap" - banned, but his posts are stihl there... If you have a spare year, read them all..:hmm3grin2orange:

Yeah, I remember sappy. :laugh:
I gave him just a few anti bullets.

They are ugly, too much power, dealer suppor sucks, you can't get them on the internet and I don't own one yet:angry2:

Dealer support is nearly non existant in my kneck of the woods, parts often back ordered for long periods, POS oiler design, filter too small, chain adjuster sucks, and the dogs not only look gay, but are not functional.

I agree, but they are even uglier here!

:cheers: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :yoyo:

I don't know. Does he close his eyes while he is humping you? :popcorn:

No, but he drools...

attachment.php

And they vibrate more there as well, apparently. We are talking about the 7900, right?

They don't have the black top cover here, and the orange is less "warm"......

...I have no idea about the vibes, except they are said to be excessive in Germany.
However, that is based on the pure measured numbers, and personally I don't think they tell the whole story.....

Last edited:
I own 2 7900 and 2 6400 and they have been putting beer in the fridge for 5 years and no major problems.I have had no issues with leaking oil(green or black lined saws and I only own one with black lines.The Dolmar dealer is awsome,been in business 30 years.I know Dolmar has had some tuff sledin in the past but around here most of it was the distributor.(LW)The old man past and his kids let it slide.From what I have learned 7900 will still be the King after many many sun sets.
IM000702.jpg

I own 2 7900 and 2 6400 and they have been putting beer in the fridge for 5 years and no major problems.I have had no issues with leaking oil(green or black lined saws and I only own one with black lines.The Dolmar dealer is awsome,been in business 30 years.I know Dolmar has had some tuff sledin in the past but around here most of it was the distributor.(LW)The old man past and his kids let it slide.From what I have learned 7900 will still be the King after many many sun sets.
IM000702.jpg

Do me a favor, put the black tops on the blue one. Just want to see how she looks. Photo shopped it, but it just isnt the same as seeing it for real.

No problems from mine, but i do wish the mufflers came in black. The silver/grey finish looks just cheap and awful imo.

Do me a favor, put the black tops on the blue one. Just want to see how she looks. Photo shopped it, but it just isnt the same as seeing it for real.

No problems from mine, but i do wish the mufflers came in black. The silver/grey finish looks just cheap and awful imo.

I bet a blue saw with a black hood would look good!

As far as the muffler - bead blast it and paint it...pretty easy to do when you have it off the saw opening it up!

Yea I want the black covers to just be different.
Plus i have been painting my muffler black already.
950a7464.jpg

I would go for a very flat matte black muffler, with a hint of texture maybe to kill the gloss. But that's me.

Thats right after the new coat, trust me no longer any gloss there. :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back