Dolmar 7900 Where can I get the cheapest?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, I would want the best selling price. There is no dealer within 150 miles, so dealer support is a non issue.

I noticed while looking over the Dolmar website, the Dolmar PS-7900W lists the enging mfg. as Dolmar, and the Dolmar PS-7900 does not the engine mfg. Could this be because the PS-7900 uses a different engine, made by an outside source?

Thanks,

Richard

The only difference between the 7900 and 7900W is the wrap handle. There may have been accidental omissions on the website, but I am relatively certain that all of the engines in the Dolmar saws are manufactured by Dolmar.

Any dealer selling them for over 599$ is ripping you off.

Just kidding they should be 750$-799$ depending on bar and chain combo.
But really there are a couple good Dolmar dealers on here that deserve your business.

Last edited:
I’ve been wavering between the Dolmar 7900, & the Husky 372xp-w for a while now. Dealer support with the Dolmar is non-extent for me, while the Husky support is a stretch, it's do-able.

On paper, the 7900 surpasses the Husky by a wide margin, on wood, who knows, certainly not me!

I can buy the 372 XP-W for right around $700.00, and the 7900 for a bit more. Warranty on the Husky is a known, the Dolmar warranty on the other hand, might just be a problem, seeing as the closest dealer is 175 miles from my house. And, I don’t have a clue as to how the Dolmar folks would handle warranty work, should it be necessary…

Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!!!!!!!!

Richard

'cheapest' is a word that makes me cringe. give your local dealers a chance to be reasonable. with a good dealer the payback is further down the road.

So true, the coil in my 7900 went bad and it was just out of warranty, my local dealer (opened after I bought my saw) got it covered anyhow so anything I would have saved shopping it around was just paid back by good local support...:cheers:

I’ve been wavering between the Dolmar 7900, & the Husky 372xp-w for a while now. Dealer support with the Dolmar is non-extent for me, while the Husky support is a stretch, it's do-able.

On paper, the 7900 surpasses the Husky by a wide margin, on wood, who knows, certainly not me!

I can buy the 372 XP-W for right around $700.00, and the 7900 for a bit more. Warranty on the Husky is a known, the Dolmar warranty on the other hand, might just be a problem, seeing as the closest dealer is 175 miles from my house. And, I don’t have a clue as to how the Dolmar folks would handle warranty work, should it be necessary…

Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!!!!!!!!

Richard

Richard,
It's not just on paper. The 7900 can rip the 372 a new one. But it should, it's got a little over 8cc's on it and the porting is a little hotter. I've got a few of each, and will say that they are both good saws.
175 miles to a Dolmar dealer would be my main consideration. That's the exact reason I don't buy new Husky's anymore.

Andy

attachment.php

attachment.php

I never use this saw, its like new, less than 10 tanks of fuel, needs a new home................

Thinking, thinking, thinking ............

Back