Dolmar Blower

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boec0020

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Dolmar PB-251-4 handheld leaf blower? Would you recommend it? My dad has a Stihl BG55 and he loves it but I was thinking that a 4-stroke would be nice. Thank you in advance for any input.

First, I dislike intensely Stihl blowers, so...less said the better.

All prejudice aside, the handheld blower to get imo is the Dolmar. The Husky-Jonsered-Redmax one I think is tacky, Echos decent, Shindaiwa way too much money, and Efco actually very good but bulky. Toy...well, if you even go there you need help. :msp_tongue:

Why the Dolmar? Starts first pull every time, even when covered in frost, sips fuel, great power to weight, great handling, NO compression, a 80 year old lady can start one and very quiet. All around very nice machine. If there is one thing it needs it's anti-vib, but most handheld need that.

Unless things have changed in the last couple of years, the BG86 is the best HH blower. I have an 85 and it starts 2nd pull every time. I did have to richen the L, but that fixed it so that it is the best starting of my two-stroke equipment.

I used to use stihl blowers br 400 br 420s I have switched to shindaiwa 802s I have two of them and I love them I have over 300 hours on one and maybe 40 on my new one. Both of them run great they use some fuel but get the job done twice as fast . For a handheld blower I would either go with a stihl or shindiawa im not to impressed with husqvarna blowers I love there saws though.

Back