Dolmar CC Neu Project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dibbs

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I may have the chance to pick up one of these saws but it isn't going at present, it is currently lying in the indoor graveyard at my local saw dealers, it needs a new clutch/Sprocket and maybe a new coil/points.
Are parts for these saws still made or will I be searching for quite a while before I'd ever see it run? :confused:

Just bought an 07S off eBay instead.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280254033149
Might go back to the Dolmar CC at a later date.

The Dolmar CC 116 is a fine saw and in fact, a little CT. It' dead reliable and truly a fine collector saw. When talking to an old Stihl R&D engineer, all he could say was '' when dolmar introduced that saw, we sincerely sh@t our pants at Stihl since it was a real competitive saw in every way"

that's why I like them !

CC116asmall.jpg

Let me know how you get on with it.... you outbid me!

Sorry Dan, or should you be saying sorry to me?!?! LOL! Just kidding!
£40 makes no odds, it's the joy of making it work again and sawing a few rounds that makes it all worth while!
At least it went to someone who will take care of it and maybe breathe life back into it rather than some guy with no interest in old magnesium!

Nice Dolmar CC Belgian! The one I have my eye on has a green air filter lid, but otherwise looks the same.

Last edited:
Sorry Dan, or should you be saying sorry to me?!?! LOL! Just kidding!
£40 makes no odds, it's the joy of making it work again and sawing a few rounds that makes it all worth while!
At least it went to someone who will take care of it and maybe breathe life back into it rather than some guy with no interest in old magnesium!

Nice Dolmar CC Belgian! The one I have my eye on has a green air filter lid, but otherwise looks the same.

Good job you sent me those manuals lol or i may have just bid that beast up for you!
Cheers!

That was about the third 07S in the last two months, or maybe its the same one back on eBay for a very good reason!

We Brits really need some sort of system to make sure we aren't screwing each other on eBay items, Stihl stuff gets into a big enough price without us bidding each other up!

Brad, I know you aren't currently feeling at your best but I may need to quiz you on 07S restoration at some stage, if you'll let me!

I think the 07S will be parked up for a while as half the house is being decorated or renewed in anticipation of the first little Dibbs Junior due towards the end of October.

I've got lots of time on my hands though right now too. Whatch need to know. I think this is the thread where I built my 07S. LINK

Cheers Brad! I re-found it about 20 minutes ago while using the search function, it's a great feature that the newbies tend to over look, but that's another story!
I see some of the parts are from the 070/090 so I'm already one step ahead of where I thought I was with regards to parts and familiarity!

Dont you think that the buyers history is a bit of an invasion of privacy somtimes.
Hows that roll of chain and boots doing lol

Ive used blindstickinsect as well seems decent!

Dont you think that the buyers history is a bit of an invasion of privacy somtimes.

Ive used blindstickinsect as well seems decent!

It's the "private" ones that intrigue me :)

I think quite a few use blindstickinsect, just make sure you check the prices on ebay against his own site too. I bought some pistons off him he was listing on ebay for £22 (near to the competition's pricing) but were £15 on his site. It sometimes works the other way round too.

Anyway, what was I saying, oh yes, the private auctions intrigue me until you realise it's just for a rusty old floor saw trolley. ;)

It's the "private" ones that intrigue me :)

I think quite a few use blindstickinsect, just make sure you check the prices on ebay against his own site too. I bought some pistons off him he was listing on ebay for £22 (near to the competition's pricing) but were £15 on his site. It sometimes works the other way round too.

Anyway, what was I saying, oh yes, the private auctions intrigue me until you realise it's just for a rusty old floor saw trolley. ;)

MMM just bought some titanium nipple rings maybe i wont leave feedback lol

MMM just bought some titanium nipple rings maybe i wont leave feedback lol

Sorry, that won't help. If you bought em and I know your user ID I can find out.

I remember a work friend telling me his ID once, boy did I take the piss the following day when I asked after his ear and nostril hair trimmers.

Made up a 20" chain for my dad and the rest hasn't been toutched, I just figured I'd never be able to buy 20 odd 20" chains for £6 each ever again so I just went for it!
The boots are a backup for my Stihl pair, they were inspected then selo-taped back into their box again.

I was wondering what it was myself and you've hit the nail on the head, modified it for my Husqvarna K750 as a handy floor saw or stump grinder.

While digging around in my local dealers Chainsaw graveyard I found an 07, are these just the same as the 07S?
It's missing the cylinder,piston, carb and muffler but has been in dry storage for some time. For some reason ot has a red/orange plastic air filter shroud rather than the painted mag ones.
What do you think, 07 restoration or 07S restoration?

While digging around in my local dealers Chainsaw graveyard I found an 07, are these just the same as the 07S?
It's missing the cylinder,piston, carb and muffler but has been in dry storage for some time. For some reason ot has a red/orange plastic air filter shroud rather than the painted mag ones.

Only thing to do is do them both!

I got my 242xp cylinder honed today so it should be running soon
Replaced the recoil spring and fitted the only starter handle i had spare, Yep you guessed right it was an Elastostart lol overkill on a 42cc saw!

The 07 was the predecessor of the 07S but should be nearly identical. The specs are the same. But for some reason it's much more difficult to find an 07 then an 07S. It's a nice collector saw !

Got the 07 given to me today for free!
A real donor saw if ever I saw one!

The "No" list, first of all:-
No Piston
No Cylinder
No Exhaust
No Oil Pump
No Fly/Fan Wheel
No Starter Housing
No Clutch Shoes
No Sprocket Drum
Oil Filler Cap

What I do have:-
HL Carb
Air Filters
Handle & Trigger fittings
Coil & Points
Clutch Carrier
Plastic 07 Shroud
2 Clean Crankcase Halfs
Partially Broken Clutch Cover
2 Spike Bars
Con Rod
Crank Shaft
Front Handle
Spark Plug Boot

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Add a little elbow grease. :clap:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I've also been offered the Dolmar CC and a Pioneer 650 for free!
The Pioneer seems to be complete! :clap:

Back