Dolmar Geek needed to answer question on model numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevieb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi odd question but I really need to know why Dolmar use the - in between some models for example PS-34 and you also find PS34. Does this denote a newer model??? Any reply would be appreciated. Thank you.

where are you seeing the model without the dash? everything on Dolmar's website has a dash bw the alpha and numeric parts.

i have a 34 and it is a nice little saw. i used it for limbing and also for thinning a large stand of small pines. don't expect 7900 performance and you won't be disappointed. it starts nice and is fairly light. i opened the muffler and got some more power out of it.

where are you seeing the model without the dash? everything on Dolmar's website has a dash bw the alpha and numeric parts.

i have a 34 and it is a nice little saw. i used it for limbing and also for thinning a large stand of small pines. don't expect 7900 performance and you won't be disappointed. it starts nice and is fairly light. i opened the muffler and got some more power out of it.

It comes from the Oregon cagtalogue. Chain id part its the 2009/2010 edition. Many models appear twice some with a dash and some without. The must be a reason why Oregon did this. It happens time and again with different models.

sorry, but i only see PS-34 listed on the Dolmar saws using the product selector. if you are seeing some otherwise, it is probably a breakdown in the proof/edit department at Oregon.

Back