dolmar\makita 7900 custom rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtlogdog

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
P1010339.JPG P1010340.JPG P1010333.JPG P1010338.JPG a while back i decided to tear down my makita and paint it white to look like a storm trooper so here is my build 7900 with a ported bb kit all work was done by me

P1010330.JPG P1010331.JPG P1010332.JPG P1010341.JPG P1010342.JPG P1010343.JPG P1010344.JPG
some pics after paint i first used brake cleaner and compressed air to get most the scum off then scrubed with soap and water scuff sanded then paint and clear coat automotive paint i used this on my last paint job and have 6 years and paint is still holding up

P1010324.JPG P1010326.JPG
piston and jug are already ported i raised ex lowered intake took alot of material out of transfers these bb kits have tiny transfer so alot of att was spent there opened up the upper transfers a little will set squish when i reasemble shoot for .020" opened muffler up removed baffle opened up the port i am going to dabble with some indexing of flywheel

i know i am going to have too sand some paint to get it all back together i just wanted to do a full paint job so the saw looks like was originally white i also got paint for headers that is gloss black its supposed to be the visor of the trooper so far i like the results

:popcorn: Nice work. But...

I think maybe you should do Stihl orange on the covers just to piss a few people off. :laugh:

Should look pretty sweet when it's done!

Yeah he done got a stihl bar I see.:rolleyes: I don't care much for maktia blue but storm trooper doly is a cool idea. Makes me want to do a custom paint. Dammm it another thing to put on the list:cry:

Why not just use Dolmar black top covers? Or are you going all white? What about the brake lever?

my plan is to do all white im stuck on brake lever i might just leave it off but the handle itself is black so i will probly deal with it i want the body of the saw all white my other dolmar is allready all black also the stihl bar in the pic is on my ported 260 pro

Latest posts

Back