dolmar\makita 7900 custom rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well did some work on the saw took every piece scrubed it clean bolted what parts i could paint on the handle is drying very slow maybe a problem with plastic? realized i needed too order the breather piece for the fuel tank so will take a couple more weeks i also need to find a hood cant find a new one i will find. so far have not had too do any sanding P1010345.JPG P1010346.JPG P1010347.JPG

once i got stalled on this project i decided to assemble my jred 670 super full wrap my first saw that i split the case the easiest saw i have ever rebuilt it comes apart so easy loved it. had alum transfer on jug a little muratic and a ball hone back to new used a meteor piston for a husky 266 ported the piston bolted it all together also a brand new fuel tank and here is the result i am very happy so far with it has alot of rpm and crazy throttle responce
P1010349.JPG
P1010348.JPG

We'll had a problem with the paint it will not dry it's still tacky after all this Time can't find a tank vent and also the crank has a lot of play decided to assemble saw and have a wall hanger

I used dupli color acrylic lacquer premium automotive blend in a spray can for the white and clear.
I used DuPont that was at my friends paint shop to paint my black dolmar and it was perfect I think the spray can is a bad move I guess it looks good but the more I touch it it gets smudges I can't figure out why it won't dry though neither can the guys at the napa auto store I got it from they use it on autos with same type of plastic with no problems go figure

Back