dolmar/makita 79cc oem p&c vs. 84cc baileys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckwasp

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all. I know this question has been asked time and time again so before anyone jumps the gun let me clarify why I am asking. I may be able to purchase an oem 79cc kit for around the same price as an 84cc kit. Buying straight from Bailey's would be a no brainer to me personally because I would go for the higher cc's for the lesser price. However I've heard a few comments about the 79cc being a bit quicker on throttle response and has an overall 'cleaner' look. So 'if' they were to be sold around the same price what would some reccomendations be? Thanks to anyone who has input.

Buck

:agree2:

If price of big bore 85cc was $119-$129 and OEM 79cc was $179-$199 I would buy OEM. :cheers:

wow...79cc is dominating

I'm not a a.s. veteran, but have read many posts on here about 79cc oem and 84cc bailey's and it seems like I've seen more than half of the posts on the side of the bailey's p&c. Too me it's not much of a suprise due to the "more bang for your buck theory", but I do know that quite a few posts swore by the overall quality of the oem. I'm glad to see so many responses in general. I'll let you know what the 6401 will be fitted with soon enough. Thanks again.

Buck

I have owned both and run both.

The OEM would be my pick. It's a MAHLE made in Germany.

I believe that it will make more compression and last longer than the after market P&C. Not to put them down as bad, I just believe the OEM to be better.

I got mine for $ 99.00 vs $ 189.00 for OEM

I am happy to have extra displacement.

Lower compression is better in the long run, allows longer run time prior to having to decarbonize

missed it

Well after all of that I missed the one I was interested in. It was on ebay and ended last night. Set the alarm for a.m. instead of p.m. and missed out. (Too many white russians last night.) Oh well. If anyone has a 79cc or 84cc kit then please let me know. If not then I will probably go with the Bailey's. If I were to find that oem kit for around $110 I would probably go for it, but considering the price and good reviews I will probably go with the 84cc Bailey's. Thanks for everyone's input.

Buck

best price on 7900 p&c?

I've just about been talked into the 7900 p&c. Anybody out there have or know of the best place to find the 7900 p&c?

Thanks,
Buck

Back