Dolmar PS 5105 piston options?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

half_full

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
It seems the only piston I can find for the PS5105 is $70? Seems rather high.
Are there any other options? Aftermarket or any other saw that I could swap in?

Squish should be close to the same. No I don't think so pin to top of piston measures the same. Could be a couple thousandth diff due to manufacturing.
No I don't think one is better than the other. I haven't checked the VEC pistons from Northwood to see if any diff. The Northwoodsaw pistons are on sale now$19.XX. They were yesterday anyway.
Shep

Have no idea if it is a concern in this case but on a project I was working on. Found a piston from a different brand saw ( correct one NLA) all the dimensions were correct so I ordered one On arrival the ring stop pins were in different position & lined up ring ends with the ports Just an observation

thanks for the replies. I noticed that the Meteor piston for the 353 is also a fit for the 350. I have a few new cheap aftermarket 350 pistons that I'll do some measurements on. If they are a fit, I think I'll order the Meteor piston. I went to the Northwood site yesterday and today and the price is at $32. Since I'm not familiar with the VEC brand, I'll stick with the Meteor at the same price.

Hey, your 5105 piston looks alot like the one I have...
Thanks for the pics!
Since it's not my saw, I'll order the 5105 piston and be done with it.

After being told one of these would work I purchashed them to do/see. After getting them I didn't see any way possible......it died there for me.
I did the same Rich, and couldn't understand how that 3mm of difference could be made up. That's why I'm back. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back