Dolmar PS 5105 piston options?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ncfarmboy

ncfarmboy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Squish should be close to the same. No I don't think so pin to top of piston measures the same. Could be a couple thousandth diff due to manufacturing.
No I don't think one is better than the other. I haven't checked the VEC pistons from Northwood to see if any diff. The Northwoodsaw pistons are on sale now$19.XX. They were yesterday anyway.
Shep

Little Al

Little Al

Addicted to ArboristSite
Have no idea if it is a concern in this case but on a project I was working on. Found a piston from a different brand saw ( correct one NLA) all the dimensions were correct so I ordered one On arrival the ring stop pins were in different position & lined up ring ends with the ports Just an observation

half_full

half_full

ArboristSite Guru
thanks for the replies. I noticed that the Meteor piston for the 353 is also a fit for the 350. I have a few new cheap aftermarket 350 pistons that I'll do some measurements on. If they are a fit, I think I'll order the Meteor piston. I went to the Northwood site yesterday and today and the price is at $32. Since I'm not familiar with the VEC brand, I'll stick with the Meteor at the same price.

Latest posts