Dolmar PS-7900,I love it!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sethro

Sethro

Heathen
Hello Steve
Line what up? You are welcome to come up anytime.I have a stock pile of 10x10's for the warmmer months(The summer of sawdust)7900 vs 066. and the 088KD is ready for a fresh peice of Aspen.Now that your a full blowen chisel bit grinder.maybe in April we can plan a weekend if you get caught up on chains.Seth

Sethro

Sethro

Heathen
Steve
The chain looks great,I like the angels,my hand filing(dbl bevel) skills are so so not as fast as your square chisel,its coming but slow.I plan on runnin the 044(7 tooth) with the chain you did on the 10x10 in the morning.Seth
maybe I should just break down and buy a silvey.no

Tony Snyder

Tony Snyder

Addicted to ArboristSite
I was told by my Solo salesman that the 7900 will be sold in a Solo version (different air filtration)later this year, as will the 63 and 71cc versions on the same chassis. Similar kind of deal as the 9010/694 I assume.

That developement helps on the problem of number of dealers for purchase or service.

I think the cooperation between Solo and Dolmar is a good thing in that it gives us more choices of reputable equipment. They are both good companies, all they needed was more marketing capability (dealers).

Sethro

Sethro

Heathen
Steve
The chain is ao mother????in. k.The 044 with a 16"bar with that chain cut great even in frozen solid Aspen cant.I did time any but it felt like it was close to the summer cuts.Seth

Last edited:
Sethro

Sethro

Heathen
Tony
Thats great news,that the two companies are catering to the professional line.the local Stihl dealer is going south, the biggest saw he stocks is now a 460 most of his customers are lawn jockies. When can we see the new Dolos?maybe fall? Seth

Sethro

Sethro

Heathen
Model PS7900
Engine Displacement 4.8 cu. in.
79 cc.
Max. Engine Speed (w/bar & chain) 13,500 RPM
Power Rating/BHP 4.6kW/6.2
Fuel Tank Capacity 25.4 oz.
Oil Tank Capacity 14.2 oz.
Net Weight (dry w/o bar & chain) 13.8 lbs.
Standard Guide Bar 18"
20"
24"
28"
Chain Pitch / Gauge 3/8" / .058"

Sethro

Sethro

Heathen
Hi Ben
They are really a great saw, the power to weight ratio is unbelivable.I bought this saw used last years model for $500.00
in great shape.Yoe won't be disappointed. Seth
New I think $700. plus tax.

Tony Snyder

Tony Snyder

Addicted to ArboristSite
Rich,

Do a search on this site for my thread Dolmar/Makita? and you will find that about the 8th post down is from Dagger, and it tells us who the midwest distributor is. You could find their number and call them.

Is this the site you were looking at?

http://www.dolmar.com/uk/kontakt/suche_haendler.asp?var_land=USA

They list a phone.

I went back and found the distributor name:
MO KITA, they are somewhere in Missouri. (It is just a coincidence that the spelling is close to that of Makita.)

Here is something else that may interest youfrom my older post.

(Marshall)
The Mo-Kita people called me yesterday, apparently as a result of this thread. They distribute the orange Dolmars.

I got the impression from them that the blue Makitas are gone, and that that deal with Makita was only a marketing agreement that may be ending. Evidence is stacking up that there may not be any more blue Makita chainsaws in a few months.

Last edited:
seesaw

seesaw

ArboristSite Operative
What would you call the combined efforts of Solo and Dolmar?

-SolMar
-Solomar
-Dolo

Can you imagine, the best of each companies technology combined w/Solo's 2yr. commercial warranty? Sure beats 90 days, don't it? These saws should make some waves.
Looks like the two little German guys are joining forces to compete against the big guy down the road. A German Civil War fought only w/chainsaws.

Wayne Logging

Wayne Logging

Originally posted by cliff-1972
So,the Makita DCS7901 is the same as the 7900 right?Why is the Makita DCS7901 rated at only 5.8 hp and the Dolmar is 6.2 hp?Is there a difference between them then.
Hey Cliff (i take it that's your name), i think that Makita is posting the wrong specs. I dont think that they would detune the saw nor make the gas and oil tanks different sizes. They are posting different capacities as well as hp. I think the saws should be the same, but wont swear to it. I had been waiting for you to ask that question. I emailed Markwell Equipment Co., Inc. and they quoted me a price of $669.00 with 20 in. bar and $5 for each additional 2 inches of bar. He didn't say how much for shipping. That price is for the Dolmar. Later.

jokers

jokers

Addicted to ArboristSite
I`ve recently heard on good authority that the 7900 will be wearing Solo red sometime in the foreseable future, no dates yet though. It`s also supposed to have an improved air filter and it already has a system very similar to Air Injection. Should be a very good looking saw. Russ