Dolmar PS-7900,I love it!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seth,I want one where can I get one?No dealer that I know of SC

The Dolmar wholesaler for South Carolina is Saws Unilimited in Kinston, NC 252-527-7297

Terry:blob2:

Johncinco

Really glad to hear about your experience with the 520I and have no problems with you wanting to step in size. Since you are referring to the 520I you must own the Makita version, the DCS520i. For the closest Makita dealer in MI you can call 1-800-462-5482. If you are interested in the Dolmar brand you can call LW Meyer in Sullivan, WI they are the Dolmar wholesaler for Michigan and their number is 1-252-593-2244.

Terry

The average retail should be at the $700-$725 mark with a 20" bar. I am not in the sales department but those are the prices i hear the most.

Any dealer with Dolmar POP is dealing with the wholesaler, the saws are warehoused in our Makita location outside Houston, TX and maybe they were shipped from there and not ordered from there.

Terry

Hello Terry
Welcome to ABS,this place is the best on the web and is loaded with saw nuts. I look forward to your information on the present and future of the Dolmar professional line of saws. Seth
Five stars on my 7900,power to weight ratio is amazing

I thank you very much for the welcome to the aboristsite and i wish i would have been here sooner. My time with Dolmar experienced may ups and DOWNS and right now with every thing that is going on with Dolmar the UP is at an all time HIGH and I truly look forward to my future with Dolmar. I have to say that through it all, all my dealings with the Dolmar factory in Hamburg have been fun, and a learning experience. I can honestly say that my entire 18 years with Sachs-Dolmar, Dolmar and Makita have been on ongoing education, and since joining up with this website I feel like I have totally missed out. Getting to visit and deal with you guys the dealers and users has been very benefical to me and I want to be able to provide you with the information you need to go out and PURCHASE THE DOLMAR PRODUCTS that I feel offer their own professionalism to the market that only a smaller non aroguant manufacturer can do. Trust me when I say that the future for Dolmar is very bright and understand that at this time 14% of the workfoce at the factory in Germany is dedicated to Research and Development - Not ESPN timber sports nor lawnmowers and the like. Our focus is chainsaws and powercuts and you will see us on the map more and more. KEEP YOURS EYES OUT WE ARE GETTING THE INTEREST OF OUR COMPETITION. This is huge to me.

Terry

I only deal direct with the wholesalers (distributors) for Dolmar. The Dolmar wholesaler for MI is:
LW Meyer and Son
Sullivan, WI
262-593-2244
They can tell you of the dealers in MI.

Terry

They're good men up there in Wisconsin. I've met Bob, Kevin and Kyle from L.W. Meyer. Can't say enough about 'em.

LW Meyer is one of the two oldest Dolmar wholesalers in the US and have always been there for us over my Dolmar experience.
Terry

I know this thread is old, but I just seen it. I just got a makita 7301 to demo this past weekend taking down some big sweetgums. I have a small stihl (029), 2 makita climbing saws (I can never remember thier number), and a Makita 6000i. I have been relatively happy with the climbing saws, buy I have some durability issues with the 6000. I have to get a big saw. When I used the 7301 against and equal bar sized stihl 044, I was shocked that the 7301 actually seemed to out perform. I know this may be a shock. I really would like to stay with makita because my lawn equipment dealer is surperb and does excellent service for me (no down time) and he sells the makita. One stop shopping. My concern now that the 7301 & 7901 have been out a while, tell me about the durability. has anybody had any problems.

Thanks

rwilk
[email protected]

This family of saws came out in November of 2001 and since then we have made some improvements to the tools.
1. The steel spring that holds the handle to the cylinder has been improved by making the spring bigger in OD and longer. It is no longer a conical shape and is now cylindrical.
2. From one of our very large rental customers, there were problems with the chain tensioner, which we felt was from rental customers trying to tighten the chain without losening the bar nuts. The new chain tensioner will bend the screwdriver before the gears strip.

Those have been the reported problems and both have been corrected. I am glad to hear that you are happy with your Makita product and if I can be of further information, please feel free to ask.
Terry
National OPE Tech MGR
Makita USA

Who is the dealer you speak so highly of?

Hey guys,
Steve here again...
Just had my buddy's 120 apart, needed a motor mount and a sprocket.....Neat saw seems very well made.

Terry,
Is there a similar saw made now. The same cube or bigger.
How does the choke work???
Steve

the family that the 120 was a part of is almost all gone now the one that is left in that design is the PS6000i and it is only a 60cc instead of 68 for the 120.

We have a whole new family replacing the 120, there is a 64cc the PS6400, a 73cc the PS7300 and a 79cc the PS7900 and from everything i have seen and heard they are kicking some asses in the fields.

If you have a 120Si (i) means injector carb this is the way it works.
It is a valve that when rotated opens up and allows fuel to make a short passage into the clyinder (Injected). This was a great solution to vapor lock without have to sacrifice power with the use of a rubber boot. It also increased the power output, due the missing choke shutter in the throat. This allowed more air to pass in. But, this saw does not meet EPA nor CARB specs and we had to drop the Injector carb and this model has been phased out and replaced by the new units I mentioned earlier.

Terry

Hey Dolmar_Tech_Mgr:

Thanks for the info. The dealer I talk very highly of is Tubb's Hardware and Rental in Bossier City, LA (318) 746-0311. The Service Manager is top notch and the parts man use to work for Dolmar or sold them. Anyway they are very knowledgable. They are absolutly the only reason I gave Makita a try. Stihl rules down here, but I am very loyal to these guy.

I have a concern about my 6000i. I was having trouble with my chain brake not working. The first time was with a bent/broke cover plate. Makita replaced the cover and brake assembly without any problem. Now after about 2 mo use. (I don't do a whole lot of work) it will not work again. My service guy said it was due to debris behind the spring/brake system, but I have cleaned it well and still no dice. Any idea or suggestions.

Thanks,

rwilk
[email protected]

I know Tubbs very well myself and Don Payne and I worked together in Sherveport with Dolmar USA. I am orginally from Shreveport and lived in Bossier for 16 years and lived in Shreveport 22 years before moving to Bossier. There was an issue with the alignment pin on the chain brake cover where is fits into the crankcase. The crankcase being magnesium would get out of shape and let the chain brake slip and the band would touch the drum and eventually cut the band. The factory changed the crankcase by adding a metal insert into the housing, making this connection point stronger and not allowing the band to touch the drum. That would be the only thing I could think of. Don is very knowledgable and should be able to help you to get to the bottom of the situation.

Terry

Hey dolmar DUDE i think the sachs dolmar 120 super is one of the best firewood saws I have ever had the chance to run and need a new piston and cylinder,but what I was wanting to ask you have you heard of a PS7900RS limited edition or was I getting my chain pulled,heard it was a bad bad chainsaw.If it is for real where can I get mine and the price.THANKS

I agree with you that the 120 was a good a saw as Dolmar has ever made.

I have heard of the PS7900RS, it is a limited edition chain saw with .1Kw more output of power. The parts that are normally silver are black for these units. The saw is made with a non US compliant carburetor and we in the US are trying to get some made for us for sale here in the US. Announcements will be made and I will post it on this thread should we be able to get some in.

Terry

Need more detail - Sachs-Dolmar had the 120, the 120 Super and 120Si all replacing the previous model. Most of the parts are available for the 120 and 120Super. The cylinder and piston assembly for the 120 is discontinued and has been since 1993. The piston by itself is still around. That is really the only major component that i can think of that is no longer available. There was a large parts interchangability between these models.

Tery

Back