Dolmar PS6400 - PS7900 ( PS-6400 - PS-7900 )

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to see how they work out!! I really want a set. I missed out getting in on this order from Wilhelm lol. He's a great guy.

The stock spikes taken up too much bar space for a 20".

View attachment 463077
Well I'll be! Look what the postman brought!

Looking forward to getting these spikes on one of my large-frame Dolmars and trying them out in actual use particularly with a shorter bar (16-18") for firewood duty.

I have a set of those cute little things too! Awesome guy! cant thank @wde_1978 enough. :bowdown:
Guys, I am just glad the packages arrived unharmed, especially the one from @computeruser as it contained that nice "Red Top"!

Nate, I am sorry that I didn't get You a new inner spike too - should have gone that route!
I was not trying to be a cheapskate, I just didn't think ahead. :oops:

I hope the items are to Your liking guys! :)

I can't wait to see how they work out!! I really want a set. I missed this order from Wilhelm lol. He's a great guy.

The stock spikes taken up too much bar space for a 20".
We will figure something out for You too, one way or the other! ;)

Now that I have both inner and outer spikes on my Dolmar PS-6400 the European style isn't that bad after all.
Having both inner and outer of these, instead of just the inner, improves handling while cutting.
I am actually starting to like the European style spikes now! :)

Thanks! I like the single euro spike on the 6100 a lot. I may end up getting a 24" for the 7900 to get a full 20+ inches. But we will see how my new oil line/pump repair work

i pulled the ones off my shelf to check.

i wonder how much the HD filter hurts performance? when you install them you have to lean out the carb so that indicates it is restricting the airflow. Anyone tried timed cuts back to back to verify?

I found the same thing on my 7900 a couple years back, that the hd filter actually hurt performance. I went back to the stock flocked filter.
Then my dealer got me one of the plastic mesh/screen style filters and after installing it had to richen the carb settings indicating a performance gain.

- I strictly use Dolmar 2-stroke oil ,

If you loves your saws give them better 2 stroke oil!
The Dolmar is not bad, but only SEMI SYNTETIC.
Allways use FULL Syntetic oil...... much better.:****you:

Hi Wilhelm,

As I see you are simmilar Dolmar 6400 fan like me!:clap:
In the forum lifes in Hungary I am one of the biggest Dolmar fan....:happy:......long-long years ago.
It is great to find You here! ;)

Just a to introduce my self a few videos of mine.

If you loves your saws give them better 2 stroke oil!
The Dolmar is not bad, but only SEMI SYNTETIC.
Allways use FULL Syntetic oil...... much better.:****you:

Hi Wilhelm,

As I see you are simmilar Dolmar 6400 fan like me!:clap:
In the forum lifes in Hungary I am one of the biggest Dolmar fan....:happy:......long-long years ago.
It is great to find You here! ;)

Just a to introduce my self a few videos of mine.

Hello @Desko74

I like my Dolmar PS-6400 very much and if I could source any I would still have her on a strict Dolmar 2-stroke oil diet!
But I can no longer get it for whatever bull$hit marketing reasons.
I did source a 1 liter bottle of Makita 2-stroke oil and after trying it wanted to buy more just to be told "not available, here have some Oregon 2-stroke oil".
This Makita takeover is causing some serious repercussions in form of inconsistent availability of Dolmar/Makita articles. :mad:

Nice videos.
You might really like a Dolmar PS-7900 as You seem to dog Your saw through the cuts.
The Dolmar PS-7900 has much more grunt, but will drink considerably more fuel. ;)

So, is Your Makita DCS6400 stock or did You do any mods on her? :)

And no guys, don't turn this into a oil thread! :nofunny:

Edit:
I like that Dolmar flag in Your sig! :cool:

Hello @Desko74

I like my Dolmar PS-6400 very much and if I could source any I would still have her on a strict Dolmar 2-stroke oil diet!
But I can no longer get it for whatever bull$hit marketing reasons.
I did source a 1 liter bottle of Makita 2-stroke oil and after trying it wanted to buy more just to be told "not available, here have some Oregon 2-stroke oil".
This Makita takeover is causing some serious repercussions in form of inconsistent availability of Dolmar/Makita articles. :mad:

Nice videos.
You might really like a Dolmar PS-7900 as You seem to dog Your saw through the wood.
The Dolmar PS-7900 has much more grunt, but will drink considerably more fuel. ;)

So, is Your Makita DCS6400 stock or did You do any mods on her? :)

And no guys, don't turn this into a oil thread! :nofunny:

Edit:
I like that Dolmar flag in Your sig! :cool:

You should be able to source just about any quality synthetic oi you desire online.

You should be able to source just about any quality synthetic oi you desire online.

Hi Wil!
I am sorry let me write a few words about oils, but defintely I do not want to turn this topic to oil subject!

Hi Vinifirewood,

On the chainsaw forums in Hungary, most of using this oil. ELF Moto2 Tech. One of my forum mate is expert in tribology.
We have great experience whit this. One of my friend is a chainsaw dealer, and since he recommend this oil to the new machines, almost
zero, strongy decrease the warranty problems!

2t.jpg

Regarding The Dolmar oil.
The Makita/Dolmar 2 stroke oil manufactured by Divinol.
Most likely , and far us I know the Oregon 2 stroke is made there / in Europe/ to and acctually the same us the Makita/Dolmar oil.

Thats all about oils! No more words! :laugh:

...Regarding The Dolmar oil.
The Makita/Dolmar 2 stroke oil manufactured by Divinol.
Most likely , and far us I know the Oregon 2 stroke is made there / in Europe/ to and acctually the same us the Makita/Dolmar oil.

Thats all about oils! No more words! :laugh:
Funny thing You say that!

As I ran out of Dolmar 2-stroke oil I had to side step to other oil - Divinol.
Compared to the Dolmar oil it is generating lots of smoke and left a "black glazing" on the mufflers exhaust port.

The Makita oil now in use doesn't generate too much smoke and it is the first oil that found its way out of the muffler partially unburnt - read wet muffler port, but not dripping.

I use 50:1 mix, always fresh.

I have pictures of the "glazing" the Divinol oil caused, and the wet exhaust port of the Makita oil - but they are on my desktop PC, while I'm currently on my tablet PC.
I will post them at my convenience.

Contained oil comments and recommendations are OK, as long as those related to the thread title - the Dolmar/Makita 64xx/73xx/79xx saw family! :)

I am also not interested to read "this oil is better then that oil" fights, nor which ratio I should use! ;)

Thank You :cheers:

Funny thing You say that!

As I ran out of Dolmar 2-stroke oil I had to side step to other oil - Divinol.
Compared to the Dolmar oil it is generating lots of smoke and left a "black glazing" on the mufflers exhaust port.

The Makita oil now in use doesn't generate too much smoke and it is the first oil that found its way out of the muffler partially unburnt - read wet muffler port, but not dripping.

I use 50:1 mix, always fresh.

I have pictures of the "glazing" the Divinol oil caused, and the wet exhaust port of the Makita oil - but they are on my desktop PC, while I'm currently on my tablet PC.
I will post them at my convenience.

Contained oil comments and recommendations are OK, as long as those related to the thread title - the Dolmar/Makita 64xx/73xx/79xx saw family! :)

I am also not interested to read "this oil is better then that oil" fights, nor which ratio I should use! ;)

Thank You :cheers:

As I said: The Makita/Dolmar 2 stroke oil manufactured by Divinol.
I am not saying that, it could be the SAME with any other Divinol 2 stroke product!

Divinol is a manufacturer.
In request, able to produce all that kind of oil, what ever the customer's company wants.

As I said: The Makita/Dolmar 2 stroke oil manufactured by Divinol.
I am not saying that, it could be the SAME with any other Divinol 2 stroke product!

Divinol is a manufacturer.
In request, able to produce all that kind of oil, what ever the customer's company wants.
True!
Didn't think of that. ;)

My Dolmar PS-7900 wears a 7 tooth sprocket in that clip. :)
All details I though might be of interest are in the description of the clip. ;)

I'll have a short clip up showing self-feeding, my Dolmar PS-7900 wears a 20" B&C setup and a 8 tooth sprocket bucking oak in that one.
That was fun too, but I prefer the 7 tooth sprocket as it just seems to be the optimal choice for every day's usage.

8 tooth drives the chain at higher speed, but will make thinner chips in hardwood - 7 tooth and lowering the chains rakers a bit more then recommended is a hoot (comment applicable to a 20" B&C setup, 3/8" round filed chisel chain). :rock:

Thanks for watching. :cheers:

Back