Dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VINIFIREWOOD

I only no what I know
Reaction score
So what happened to the 3410 top handle saw? Its no longer listed on the Dolmar site. Is it no longer available? If so are they working on a new top handle?

coil issues lead to them being discontinued. at least that's what we were told.

Got the same info here also. There is a new one in the works though, don't expect it before next fall though

coil issues lead to them being discontinued. at least that's what we were told.

That's the first time I heard of that! It's just an old design that has no chance anymore against a lot of other more modern TH's.

That's the first time I heard of that! It's just an old design that has no chance anymore against a lot of other more modern TH's.

:popcorn:

Being that I cornered the worlds free supply when I found one for sale last year... and I haven't seen any since... I imagine they either must be so good that people don't get rid of them or so bad that there is nothing left to sell....

I like mine for what I do.. never ran a 201 though... but it's light, quiet, and powerful enough to cut wood.

Well, I wasn't sad to see them go since they weren't up to the level of the rest of the Dolmar range. I was told that they were trying to re-engineer the power plant of the PS-32 in to a TH. Of course, now they should use the PS-35 to give a 2.3hp unit. THAT would be sweet. I bet it's at least a year until we see it though.

I believe it was a casualty of the EPA-Just like the 9010.:bang:

Suppose to be a new one in the R&D phase. Don't look for it anytime soon-I'm still looking for the 6100's that were supposed to be available last spring.....................

On the 6100, yesterday my distro said a few weeks. I have been saying 4 so...hopefully!

I love running my dolmar's but their inability to get anything done expeditiously in the US is making me wonder if I shouldn't be running Husky's... :msp_scared:

(yea right like i'd give up my makitas)

Last edited:
I believe it was a casualty of the EPA-Just like the 9010.:bang:

Suppose to be a new one in the R&D phase. Don't look for it anytime soon-I'm still looking for the 6100's that were supposed to be available last spring.....................

They must not have sold enough to make it worth messing with.... I guess they don't realize that American's like to cut brush one-handed on the ground.. .. Typical Germans... "Zhe top handle saw is for tree.. only zhe Arborist should be in tree..so zhe demand must be low..."

It is confusing that Dolmar produces a solid line of saws with many (maybe too-many) intermediate sizes, but doesn't produce a top handle.

For comparison: last time I was in an Echo dealership they had no less than 4 types of top-handles

They must not have sold enough to make it worth messing with.... I guess they don't realize that American's like to cut brush one-handed on the ground.. .. Typical Germans... "Zhe top handle saw is for tree.. only zhe Arborist should be in tree..so zhe demand must be low..."

It is confusing that Dolmar produces a solid line of saws with many (maybe too-many) intermediate sizes, but doesn't produce a top handle.

For comparison: last time I was in an Echo dealership they had no less than 4 types of top-handles

You cannot even buy a top handle saw here if you don,t have the proper papers to say you can. They are only available to people who work as climbers. That's how it is.
geoff.

You cannot even buy a top handle saw here if you don,t have the proper papers to say you can. They are only available to people who work as climbers. That's how it is.
geoff.
Carry Permit for a saw who'd a thunk it.

Dolmar has two models available over here
PS-222 TH
PS-3410 TH
http://www.dolmar.de/produkte/benzin_-_motorsaegen/ps-222_th/index.html
http://www.dolmar.de/produkte/benzin_-_motorsaegen/ps-3410_th/index.html

and Makita has three models available:
DCS3410TH-35
DCS232T
EA3100T25B(newest Modell)

DCS3410TH-35 DCS232T EA3100T25B
Hubraum: 34 cm3 22,2 cm3 30,1 cm3
Leistung: 1,4 kW / 1,9 PS 0,74 kW / 1,02 PS 1,04 kW / 1,41 PS
Kette: 3/8” / 1,3 mm 3/8” / 1,3 mm 3/8" / 1,3 mm
Schienenlänge: 35 cm 25 cm 25 cm
Kraftstoff: Gemisch 1:50 Gemisch 1:50 Gemisch 1:50
Tank Kraftstoff: 0,28 l 0,2 l 0,24 l
Tank Kettenöl: 0,22 l 0,19 l 0,18 l
Motor: 2-Takt 2-Takt 2-Takt
Gewicht*: 3,3 kg 2,5 kg 3,1 kg

Yup, same in the uk too! Have to complete no less than 3 courses to purchase a top handle from a dealer, we have certification and cards.

No qualification, no saw!

Wherabouts in Staffordshire are you. i was born and bred in Stoke-on-Trent, but moved here 20 years ago.

geoff.

:chainsawguy:

Latest posts

Back