dont get married

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been married to the same woman 33 years this august, 2 grown kids, 1 through college, other one wasn't interested in college, he is now engaged.. no grandkids yet.

Everything is good between my wife and I. We do not fight,never have. We have our own interests and we have some common interests, yet we spend as much time together as we can, but we also do whatever we want alone. If my wife wants to sit on our porch, in the sun, on her swing knitting, she does it.. I built it for her.. that makes me happy. If I want to go for a ride on the bike for the afternoon, not a problem for her, she wishes me a safe, fun ride and off I go, I come and go as I want and she also. She trusts me, and I her.

Also as far as home life, if she works long hours during her busy weeks I pick up the slack at home, If I work the long hours and OT she picks up the slack. She keeps up the inside of the house, I keep up the outside and the wood. She pays certain household bills, I pay certain household bills. She keeps anything left from her check, I keep anything left from my check. It has been like this our whole life together.

We share everything. I look out for her, she looks out for me. Marriage is a package deal, 50-50, it is something of mutual respect for one another and ones space and decisions. It is not about forcing your wishes upon the other, it is not about dictating what the other will do or say or go or wear.. Once one tries to dictate what the other does the breakdown begins.

If you and your prospective mate do not have mutual respect for each others decisions and needs and wants, you will never survive together.

:)

My first lasted five years and i often think how did it last that long. The daughter i had with her said `Dad, what were you thinking?`. Which says it all really. She doesnt like her mum.
I married far too young, to someone, it turned out, had mental health problems. She is on behaviour modifiers for the rest of her life. She would, and still does, throw her legs in the air for all and sundry.
Been with the current squeeze for 14 years. Married seven. A real diamond who i have a son with.
Everything is split down the middle. We both work full time, share the chores, and have separate bank accounts.
No problems with saws and i have no problem with shoes and handbags, although she has asked why i need so many.:)

Best wishes Evan. Dont know what the issue is and i hope its not insurmountable.

your telling me i lost a $700.000 house to my ex that was paid off thanks to my tree service and i have to pay $350 a week and see my kids 1 time a week tom trees:dizzy:
Damn!, did you have a good lawyer or did the judge just hate men?. Guess thats why its cheaper to keep her!.

Maybe somebody can call him - make sure everything is alright.

Hope nothing happened. A domestic problem can go wrong in many ways.

one of the best things about the Mr Wonderful in my life is that we have both agreed not to continue to keep divorce lawyers in business... and remain content in an unintangled relationship...

and gents, sometimes it's the woman who gets :censored: in divorce court. i did.

may all of you who are happily married remain that way; may those who want their marriages to become better be successful; and may all of us who just enjoy being unmarried continue to enjoy....

The last part says it allllllll. I have never been married - don't even have a gfriend.. but am looking to poss. get married.. One of the real issues is everyone - "at least the younger ones" fall into that trap.

sure they do on apples and oranges dont know if you know the term women means every one on the planet be better to use the term woman which means only one

sure im not married never been still single at 40 but that dont take away the desire to have a family my heart dream still lives inside me to have a Christian wife that dont care about outside appearance but internal appearance but so far have not found one yet that fits that description

shes out there somewhere its just not time yet for me to find her
hope this makes sense

search youtube for "David DeAngelo". I know it probably isn't your picture perfect way of getting a women, but it will work. You just need to find a good women and play her just right, because thats what they want/need.

Personally, I'm single and I love it, no commitments, I get to do what I want to do.

Perfect.

Today I have been married to my beautiful wife for 11 years, and we've been together 16 years.

2 beautiful boys, and a good life.

Our marriage isn't perfect... I don't think any are... But it's worth keeping.

Good Post Metals and the rest. About the best chainsaw related analogy I can come up with, is that women are probably like newer aged poulans. The likelihood of getting a good one aren't extremely high, but if you do end up with a good one hang onto it.

Perception is reality when it comes to marriages.

Been married for 11 years, together for 19. Three monsters,a PITA dog, house full of projects and would not trade either for anything.

Secret ?
I treat her and think of her as a girlfriend...I am still trying to "get" her to marry me. And have never for a second taken her for granted. Lots of times guys get married and turn their wives into their mothers...well what do you think is gonna happen then ?
Take care of the old girls needs too, because if you don't she'll be looking for someone who can...

oh and one more thing...hold her hand.

A

Perception is reality when it comes to marriages.

Been married for 11 years, together for 19. Three monsters,a PITA dog, house full of projects and would not trade either for anything.

Secret ?
I treat her and think of her as a girlfriend...I am still trying to "get" her to marry me. And have never for a second taken her for granted. Lots of times guys get married and turn their wives into their mothers...well what do you think is gonna happen then ?
Take care of the old girls needs too, because if you don't she'll be looking for someone who can...

oh and one more thing...hold her hand.

A

Darn, do I really have to hold her hand again?

Good advice though really, spot on. :cheers:

Last edited:
Been married 33 years.....

and I think I've got a handle on how this works.

She says I screwed up, I say I'm sorry, and we go on our merry way.

Don't know what I'm sorry for most of the time but it seems to be working.

Back