Don't you just love it when.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdt7618

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Something totally unexpected happens that restores your faith in good old hard working people. Story goes like this.

About 4 months ago a small contractor that we use at work has a problem with his tax's . His small firm has grow to where he should have been paying VAT( uk tax) and in turn should have been charging his client. So come tax time he gets a 30k bill. About 20k of that we via my work ( local authority building section) Anyway, I tells him, that I would see what I could do for him, and after about a month of digging an screwing about with accountant we manage to get him his monies back paid. Felt good, guy is a hard worker and never lets us down.

so few weeks back, standing discussing a job with him and generally shooting the breeze, he asks how the fire is doing, as he loves his he installed this year, he knew I have been burning for a few years now. Anyway since our twins are now nearly 2 getting time is hard to go find/cut/split etc all the wood I need.

Sunday night phone text goes and tell me to get myself out side in 10 mins, and he turns up with pick-up full and trailer load of cut, split mixed hardwood( don't ask there is everything in it). This guys wife also turned up ready to haul the wood to my shed about 2 yard through nettle/reeds etc.. (of course I didn't let her and helped... but all the guy wanted was to say thanks. (The other company he worked for told him to get stuffed for his back monies).. Well that’s why Sunday turned out to be such a great day, thought I would share.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:
Thanks guys, it was a great feeling to think just a little bit on my part helped that guy out. we equally nice that he really appreciated.

It's good that he returned an act of kindness and brought you some wood. You did the right thing be helping him with his taxes.

Latest posts

Back