Dooms day approaches...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lakeside, can you please describe what a 4-mix saw is then? Isn't a Stihl 4-mix a fourstroke motor running on 2cycle premix?

My pole trimmer is a Stihl 4mix. It has overhead valves and a camshaft. I could see 4mix saws showing up soon....or maybe not? You guys tell me. (scratching head)

There is no stihl 4-mix saw. The engine has a limited torque band making it unsuitable for saws.

The next step after leaving this site is AA meetings talking about how much you drank crying over the saws!! :dizzy:

Credit cards should love this site!

wish list:

a few 660's - one 2 sell later
a couple 361's
880 just because
090 AV
a NEW IN THE BOX 076
a NEW IN THE 051 - 056's are nice but need parts u can't get!
@repeat above !

Nooooooooo....

They will typically have 2 more fresh air injector ports though. Depends on the design.

Here is a long winded California/CARB Clean Air+John Deere/Homelite story for you, that has some 4-mix info and some differences between strato scavanged and compression wave design engines. Note also that John Deere not only shot itself in the foot when pushing the clean issue though California/CARB, but they shot their entire leg off in the process. They sold off Homelite, and sell Stihl and Honda and other hand held tools now. Mainly in response to CARB and EPA issues.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2002/05/13/322885/index.htm

The 2010 EPA standards will probably have the biggest impact on chainsaws in the US and the world that we have seen in a while, and for some time to come.

Thanks for the link! A good eye opening read!

Dan

Just another thread to state that we are now less than 10 months away from 2010. The new 2010 EPA laws are fast approaching. That means that a LOT of saws out there today are not going to be available in the USA after the end of this year (if not sooner). Yes, THIS YEAR! This includes all the existing line of Stihl saws, except the MS441, and the newly released 171, 181, and 211 (which are not out here yet).

So for those that are not aware, maybe now is a good time to pick up that Stihl 460, 660, 180 (181 is heavier), 361, 260, 880, or other saw that you have been oogling over on the shelf. (

Damn....I'm still saving for a new semi-auto & misc. ammo.:bang:..now I have to add a new saw before 2010....guess I should log off AS and get back to work!

I want a saw that cuts with a laser beam. Would it be 2 or 4 stroke? The Fuel injected future of saws sounds dull already. Who do we call for an appointment. Don't mind me I've misplaced my corkscrew. Is it that time already? With the end of the world coming so soon, better build a house on top of the highest mountain for a better view of things to come. Where has this post gone? I give up, what's next? Hope the above mentioned isn't too far fetched!:monkey: If anyone replies to this post they're crazier than I am. I want to remain anonymous.

Question: Will the current Stihl lineup be available at Canadian dealerships past 2010? I'm only a 3-4 hour drive from a saw shop in Canada. It'd be pretty easy for me to head up there to buy a chainsaw.

Good question, as I would just stop by a Stihl shop on a fishing trip north of the border.

Latest posts

Back