Double ended for pleasure

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello. No, not optimized at all. Stock skip tooth. This was just the breakin run. Chain is scheduled for a ripping conversion. Top plates set to 5 then progressive RA
Bob, you are suggesting 40 thousand for rakers? I have two chains spun up for this and will mostly be into soft wood. That being said, old growth fir can be very hard.

Thanks all for any input

Great Photo's

Looks like a bit more dust than I'm used to.
Are you sure you have the rakers optimised?
With that setup I'd be looking at running ~40"' rakers on new chain.
Also there was some dry rot causing a lot of dust. But it was also attributed to the chain

Hello. No, not optimized at all. Stock skip tooth. This was just the breakin run. Chain is scheduled for a ripping conversion. Top plates set to 5 then progressive RA
Bob, you are suggesting 40 thousand for rakers? I have two chains spun up for this and will mostly be into soft wood. That being said, old growth fir can be very hard.

Thanks all for any input
I can't/won't speak for Bob. In my recent experience, oregon skip chain, is very dusty off the reel. Before the loops are placed on the saw the rakers are lowered to a level that gives cutters on my set-up a good bite. The bite seems to work the powerhead more efficiently and quicker thru the slab. While I look at the chain that closely I can also catch the cutters that are less than ideal & touch them up. The oregon skip I have seems to be 15*, not far from 10*> 0.
Love to be there to see those slabs fresh. Looks lovely and well done. stay safe

Not sure what you are asking. Picture size? The thumbnails are small. Need to click on them to enlarge. I will see if it is possible to enlarge thumbnail size

There isn't any thumbnail. Just a small picture.

Back