Doubling Stihl warranty not apply to pro saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Under the Double Warranty Coverage Program, it States, "Machines... That are used for personal non-income producing household purposes, coverage will be doubled" if the original consumer purchases a 6-pack HP Ultra 2-cycle engine oil (any size) or minimum of 1 gallon of Stihl MotoMix pre-mixed fuel at the time the machine is purchase. (TS cut-off machines, GS concrete cutter, top handle chainsaws and pressure washers are not eligible).
Easy way around it is get your wife to buy it.

i bought the 500i on Sept 25 2023.I put 3 tanks of gas through it and i few days ago i picked it up to get ready for my next job and i realized it was leaking gas out by the off switch and the primer bulb brand new saw now has to be taken in and fixed before warranty runs out and i only do homeowner stuff wuth it and i was only offered 90 day warranty and i asked if i bought the 6 pack if i get extra that brought out a a piece of paper saying only homeowner saws has 2 year with purches of 6 pack and pro saws have 90 day.Im not a happy camper at the moment i got 3 huskys one from 77' 95' and 97' and they dont leak gas like my new 500i is.$2200 is a lot of money for a saw.
You're still within 90 days, take it in.

Talk to Stihl corporate about getting the warranty extended.

i bought the 500i on Sept 25 2023.I put 3 tanks of gas through it and i few days ago i picked it up to get ready for my next job and i realized it was leaking gas out by the off switch and the primer bulb brand new saw now has to be taken in and fixed before warranty runs out and i only do homeowner stuff wuth it and i was only offered 90 day warranty and i asked if i bought the 6 pack if i get extra that brought out a a piece of paper saying only homeowner saws has 2 year with purches of 6 pack and pro saws have 90 day.Im not a happy camper at the moment i got 3 huskys one from 77' 95' and 97' and they dont leak gas like my new 500i is.$2200 is a lot of money for a saw.

Also, how did you spend $2200 on a 500i? Aussie, Kiwi, or Canadian? They're $1600 here in the states.

When you say get ready for your next job, and home owner use only, they don't exactly go together.

So, you are either a homeowner, or you work for other homeowners. Can't be both.

I just bought a 500i and they gave me the extended warranty, I don't see anything on Stihl site that excludes pro saws For home use.

Do you have to use the oil after you buy it?
You do not have to use it, if you send it to me I'll use it for you. :cheers:

I keep hearing STIHL oil is designed to work great at full throttle, though I often use my Kombi powerhead at part throttle; years of use and it still runs great on STIHL oil. Just had it to the dealer for a full checkup due to its age: they put on a new air filter! Valve lash is fine, no serious wear, everything looks good, and that's the only work done to it other than lubing and replacing 2 plastic couplers on attachments which for the age and use is amazing--what more could I want?

(The couplers are normal wear items, which reminds me I should pick up a backup set.)

I just bought a 500i and they gave me the extended warranty, I don't see anything on Stihl site that excludes pro saws For home use.
It is not about the saw it is about the use. Like if somebody pays you to use it .

We don't make a big deal about guys who sell firewood, that type thing.

You can pretty much tell by looking at a saw whether it is seeing every day use or not.

Latest posts

Back