down draft furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfunk

Reaction score
Doese anyone know how to hook a hot blast furnace to a down draft furnace i'm talking about the duct work any help thanks

No the cold air return enters the top of the furnace and the hot exits the bottom the vents are in the floor of the house and the cold air return vents are in the the ceilling

I guess i am confused...usually the cool air is heaver than hot so i would think the cold air return is in the floor or lower walls next to the floor and the warm air in the floor on a down draft system...by chance do you have central air...that might be the vents in the ceiling, just trying to figure this out

I dont know if you could get away with reversing the airflow through the other unit to get bottom discharge without creating problems with overheating some parts. The high and low limit switches would also be affected. If space was not a problem you could have a duct made to turn 180 deg. and discharge down.

turn on your system and use a tissue to make sure which regesters are blowing and which are pulling air...you just might have to add your furnace to the cold air pletum if you cannot get to the hot air pletum...

yes i do understand whay your saying cold air doese lowers and hot air rises but the central air blows though the same ducts as the heat they use the same fan witch is in the furnace

yes i do understand whay your saying cold air doese lowers and hot air rises but the central air blows though the same ducts as the heat they use the same fan witch is in the furnace

most central air units work thru the furnace anyways.

be more specific....what exactly are you attempting to do here?

as others have said, something isn't being made clear or is being left out.

I am familiar with what you are doing

My Father tied his wood furnace into his downdraft. They fed it in on top and blew through the existing furnace.. Only issue he had was the heat was coming in above the blower assembly.. The heat was so intense it would take out the blower motors. He had to use a belt drive with the motor positioned outside of the plenum.
I would suggest if at any way possible to force the wood furnace heat into the bottom of the existing furnace any way that is possible.

Latest posts

Back