Down she comes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. I liked the commentary! Don't take this the wrong way, but why not have that car to the right moved? Maybe a rope or two as well. Not saying you didn't do a nice job but wind, flying debris, operator error, etc., can and do happen so why take a chance. Working in the woods is one thing, but in a residential setting if it can be moved easy, get it out of the way. I don't mean to sound harsh, just offering some tips from my experience.

Nice. I liked the commentary! Don't take this the wrong way, but why not have that car to the right moved? Maybe a rope or two as well. Not saying you didn't do a nice job but wind, flying debris, operator error, etc., can and do happen so why take a chance. Working in the woods is one thing, but in a residential setting if it can be moved easy, get it out of the way. I don't mean to sound harsh, just offering some tips from my experience.

Not harsh at all. I should have moved it.

you have bigger kahones then i do to drop a tree that close to a building:bowdown::bowdown:

Its the 2nd one I have cut down right there. I guess its easy to have big ones when its your house. I am not sure I would have done one next to someone elses.

just a few feet closer and we 'd be asking how much did it cost to fix the suv. better to be safe than sorry. you got lucky

Yeah, with the lean and crown weight it was definetely going away from the house. 440 looked like the right saw to me. If you want to be extra safe put a wedge in the back as soon as you can, but keep the saw in the cut. As long as the wedge is in far enough that it won't spit out if/when a tree sits back you should be fine. That way you save room for your saw and save the wedges if you pounded them in farther then you wanted and you hit them with the saw running it back into the kerf. Otherwise decent job man! I'll bet the car was farther away then it looks. Its always different when you're there. Did it go the way you faced it up? Almost looked like you faced it more to left (if looking from the backcut).

Nice job. I was more in awe of the blue sky. I haven't seen anything like that for quite awhile. We're getting washed away by all the rain.

Still snowing here 2Dogs. Got 4 inches last night after we just lost most of it. Farther north they got 18"! Its like groundhog day. This winter is never going to end.

Its the 2nd one I have cut down right there. I guess its easy to have big ones when its your house. I am not sure I would have done one next to someone elses.

LOl, a man after my own heart. Great job caleath your 440 barks out a bit more than mine,hurt my ears listening to the vid, guess I should have worn my helmet & muffs. That wood sounded some hard.

I was trying to get it to fall a bit farther to the right side of the video. It was within the range I was ok with. That was actually only the 6th large tree I have ever cut down. I was a bit hard on one wedge but I guess thats why they are cheap.

Thanks for the feedback I learn more every time I cut one down.

Latest posts

Back