DP cover, what next?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvcook

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Got the dp muffler cover ordered for my bone stock ms660 today,I like the power this saw has but like most men... I want more power! so what steps should I take next and in what order to make this thing a POWERFUL MACHINE. Please note, this saw only gets used about once every 2 weeks, as I do about 90% pruning
Thanks, Charlie

throw it on and retune the carb...also cut some of the guts out of the muffler before you put the cover on.

Except in the 660 you'll get little more for a lot of effort. The muffler will get you most of the way.

Lake,

Do you have to pull the internal baffle out to get the full benefit of the dual port or will you be alright leaving it in place? How much of a difference does it make if you leave the baffle in but put the dual port on?

On mine i put the dp cover on, enlarged the stock hole above the bar and completely took out the basket. It does make it a little louder but i think it makes it sound much better, it actually sounds mean. it also turned 16k after that so make sure you pull your limiters off and retune the carb.

OK, Who does woods porting, and how much should I expect to pay?

As lovetheoutdoors said, Treeslinger and Brad does porting. I have a ported saw by treeslinger and can say his work is awesome.:clap: Timberwolf also does great work.:chainsaw: These are well known members and should be able to help you.

Back