dream truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aee8013f-6d63-7b9e.jpg
I will post a pic of it and the MS880 I just picked up for my trouble spruce. Thank you this is a great forum with a wealth of knowledge.

My little brother goofing.

Last edited:
Oh my side hurts!I fell out of my chair laughing when you made that joke about blowing the doors off a Powerstroke.You must be talking about the 6.7 or 6.9.That thang won't hang with no 7.3!:msp_biggrin:

I guess you've never driven one of those 8.1 liter chevys. They are nice and strong just not what I want to use hauling a big load of hay. The 7.3 is pretty reliable but no drag racer for sure.

c6e4c99a-5fb7-ef3c.jpg
My dream truck.
Excellent woods truck. Injected 460 bbf lockers front and rear and 38 inch swampers . I have yet to get stuck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
don't have a dream truck, but rather trucks

of which, I'm lucky enough to have the first one

IMG_20110408_182646sm.jpg

8.1L, Allison, 16.5 Warn, etc...though a similarly setup Top Kick would be nice sometimes
she regularly tugs a skidloader and attachments around, and has been known to blow the doors off a powerjoke or two :msp_razz:

others...

duece.5...just to hear the turbo spool up

or maybe a newer LMTV

HMMWV

some old tractor with a brownie...preferrably a cabover so you can get good bounce when you grab the wrong combo

...I'm kinda open to red-headed step-child trucks

nice setups ya'll are dreamin' about

If your 8.1 is like mine it will pass everything-EXCEPT THE GAS STATION!:help:

I guess you've never driven one of those 8.1 liter chevys. They are nice and strong just not what I want to use hauling a big load of hay. The 7.3 is pretty reliable but no drag racer for sure.

You're right, I haven't.I couldn't let that slide,though.Ford guys do have their pride you know!:wink2:That is a good looking truck, by the way.

You're right, I haven't.I couldn't let that slide,though.Ford guys do have their pride you know!:wink2:That is a good looking truck, by the way.

The 7.3's are work horses... Period... I've driven both... The big gasser has good power...
But it ain't a diesel... Our farm truck has a 7.3 with a 75hp chip...
I'll take the Ford...
But then again, I'd take a Ford truck over anything else...
Now, if only they came with a Cummins...

Sorry... Felt a little tingle up my leg there...:msp_wink:

Oh my side hurts!I fell out of my chair laughing when you made that joke about blowing the doors off a Powerstroke.You must be talking about the 6.7 or 6.9.That thang won't hang with no 7.3!:msp_biggrin:

no joke...I forgot to mention...4.10s in the rear...which is why...

If your 8.1 is like mine it will pass everything-EXCEPT THE GAS STATION!:help:

mine is the same way. :msp_tongue:
I usually get beat off the line by whatever is beside me...no reason to watch the fuel guage move if'n I don't have to.

-----

the 444 International (sorry, Navistar 7.3) is a strong motor, and thankfully doesn't have the same "randomly drop a piston" problem that its cousin the 466 does. there is no replacement for displacement.

I had a 2000 f250 with a 7.3 and 6 speed. I run a dp tuner chip with a 140 hp tune on it. It still wouldn't keep up with the dodges with a chip. I'm driving a 11 dodge 3500 now with the cummins and auto.

O.K., since we're dreaming, I guess mine would be a mid 80s single cab swb 4x4 Ford Ranger with a 300 6 cylinder for the engine and a narrowed set of axles out of a 3/4 ton.I'd have an aluminum dump bed, full brush guard bumper a 8000lb.Warn winch, onboard compressor, a rack over the cab for saws etc. KC lights pointed front and back, a Galaxy cb radio, built in ice chest between the leather bucket seats, big mirrors with whips for the cb on both sides, dual stacks with some reasonably quiet Flowmasters, a.c.,2 batteries, and everything covered with Rhinoliner, except the aluminum bed of course.:msp_thumbup:
And I almost forgot the tires Co-op p78-16.

Last edited:
Way years ago I started to buy a 48 Brockway tractor. I would have stretched the frame and put a 12 ft dump on it. Real sharp truck. Now I can't even find a good picture of one. So, I just use my dad's 96 Dodge 1500 with my 8' dump trailer, Joe.
001-32.jpg

002-28.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back