Drinkin' Stump ideas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great. I'm not surprised he's had offers. I could see this in a big rustic lodge somewhere.
Thanks.
I initially said this was a coastal pine. It's actually a spruce. I think they call it a bay spruce. Anyway, I hope to try and make a smaller version of this when the opportunity arises. I'm thinking of some type of steel or iron base so it could be used on a hard (concrete) patio. I hope some others will try this idea and share their pics.

OK, you had to go and start a stump thread! I snatched this one out a month or so ago and was wondering what to do with it. I left it in the ground too long and ants and rot got in the middle. I might just hollow it out to make it lighter. We will see how it goes, Joe.

I'm thinking level off the roots and a piece of Green tinted tempered glass for a top. I could use a live edge top, but that might hide the roots. I plan on a boiled linseed finish, for indoors, Joe.

^^^Still a lot of sanding to do, Joe.
Rarefish383,
Nice project. Glad you bit the bait. I'll be watching often to see how you progress. I really like your idea of a glass top. Keep posting and sanding.
What kind of wood is it?
Will

Latest posts

Back