Drying time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Semi-Hex

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Well, I cut some more boards today. I had enough time to one more log. I was surprised to see how fast the ones I cut 5 days ago were drying out, they weigh half as much as the ones I cut today. I was also happy to see there is very little checking so far. (I had painted the ends). I did manage to leave my new stickers behind so I shared the ones I had between the boards. This is going to be quite a bit of fun in the future. It's been the high seventies this week and is going to continue throughout the weekend.

Well, I cut some more boards today. I had enough time to one more log. I was surprised to see how fast the ones I cut 5 days ago were drying out, they weigh half as much as the ones I cut today. I was also happy to see there is very little checking so far. (I had painted the ends). I did manage to leave my new stickers behind so I shared the ones I had between the boards. This is going to be quite a bit of fun in the future. It's been the high seventies this week and is going to continue throughout the weekend.

yes the initial dry is amazingly fast. If you don't have one, get yourself a moisture meter. This way you don't have to "guess" that your wood is dry enough to build with. Milling is a lot of fun, and I'm jealous, we are in the middle of a huge snow storm thru tomorrow. We are in the band thats supposed to get 12 to 24 inches.:mad: I am so ready to mill

Back