dual ring vs. single ring pistons

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So here it is. Dual ring vs. single ring vs. dual ring running one ring. Name your poison and why.

I prefer single rings. If I have a choice I'll take a dual ring and run the upper as it tends to be thinner than a standard single ring piston. What does that stupid 2nd ring do anyway?

So here it is. Dual ring vs. single ring vs. dual ring running one ring. Name your poison and why.

I prefer single rings. If I have a choice I'll take a dual ring and run the upper as it tends to be thinner than a standard single ring piston. What does that stupid 2nd ring do anyway?

So you started another oil thread, good deal.:msp_biggrin:

I like a single ceramic ring with ceramic crank bearings marinated in Amsoil 200:1. HaHaHaHaHa

Last edited:
I always get in trouble for taking off the ring.

Do you plug the bottom ring
groove on each side of the intake?
I am sure you would find less blow
bye if you did!!

I want some Ken Block like skillz...

[video=youtube_share;UnWdlmKqkCo]http://youtu.be/UnWdlmKqkCo[/video]

Back in the day (early 70's) while racing dirtbikes, most bikes came equipped with two-ring pistons.

The hot set-up was to buy an after-market piston with a single ring (Dykes). We were all quite sure that it made enough of a difference between winning and losing a race. :msp_biggrin:

Given a choice, I'd prefer a two-ring set-up in my saw.

Back in the day (early 70's) while racing dirtbikes, most bikes came equipped with two-ring pistons.

The hot set-up was to buy an after-market piston with a single ring (Dykes). We were all quite sure that it made enough of a difference between winning and losing a race. :msp_biggrin:

One ringers are easier to start :laugh:

Not a big deal, but the lower ring basically just add friction for no real advantage - at least that is how i understand it...

Latest posts

Back