Dumb Question of the Day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rydaddy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am using my 7900 this weekend with a 28" bar to cut down and into firewood a 42" diam. White Oak. Any of you guys running that saw with a 28"??? I am short on full skip chains but have a roll of standard chain that I can make into 93 link chains. Should I bight the bullet and go buy a couple more full skip for big bucks at the dealer? Or use a non-skip chain and cut the thing up.

Thanks!!!

P.S. I need multiple chains because I grind, I don't hand sharpen.

I am using my 7900 this weekend with a 28" bar to cut down and into firewood a 42" diam. White Oak. Any of you guys running that saw with a 28"??? I am short on full skip chains but have a roll of standard chain that I can make into 93 link chains. Should I bight the bullet and go buy a couple more full skip for big bucks at the dealer? Or use a non-skip chain and cut the thing up.

Thanks!!!

P.S. I need multiple chains because I grind, I don't hand sharpen.

Don't be so concerned with that stuff...
What really matters, is the brand of bar oil that you use...:hmm3grin2orange:

I think it would pull the full comp just fine. If I were you I would make up a loop and see how it cuts.

Is your 7900 a DN modded one too, Like the 660 you sold and 288 you are selling. Cant believe that 288 hasnt sold, If I needed one :hmm3grin2orange: .
I run full skip on a 32 on my 7900, never tried my full comp on it. But I dont see why it wouldnt pull it, give it a try and let us know please. :bowdown:

My buddy has your saws lil brother (6401) and he pulls a 28" full comp chain with no problem. With what I"ve heard about the 7900, you should be smiling all day!

You'll be fine with full comp. My 7900 pulls it just fine and I've got a few loops, though I usually run skip anyway so I can easily tell the difference between my full-comp 91dl 066 loops and my 93dl 7900 loops.

Thanks

Thanks Boys!

I have a 32" bar and a few chains for it. I just really like the balance of the 28" bar. For me at least. I am 150lbs. soaking wet, 5'9". Big saws and big bars are pretty awkward for me. And yes it is a DN modified saw.

Thanks again!

Thanks Boys!

I have a 32" bar and a few chains for it. I just really like the balance of the 28" bar. For me at least. I am 150lbs. soaking wet, 5'9". Big saws and big bars are pretty awkward for me. And yes it is a DN modified saw.

Thanks again!

Then I would let here rip with full comp for a try. Mine has had DN hands in it too along with a good friends special touch too.:bowdown:

Back