Dump angles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are correct ( and your logic matches mine by the way ) the 37.8 degree angle we have on our 8 foot long ez dumper should be enough on our 12.5 foot long chip box. I guess my question at this point would be why do the majority of larger dumps I find have a 45 - 50 degree angle? Should I tell our fab guy to shoot for 45 degrees and take one to the wallet or stick to my guns that achieving 39 degrees will be sufficient?

Why does a steeper angle cost more?

Be very careful buying into the notion that a scissor takes a smaller cyclinder. Shorter, yes. Smaller, maybe not. There is quite a bit of geometry involved. And hydraulics. and mechanical. and luck, and application, and, and, and.....

Why does a steeper angle cost more?

Be very careful buying into the notion that a scissor takes a smaller cyclinder. Shorter, yes. Smaller, maybe not. There is quite a bit of geometry involved. And hydraulics. and mechanical. and luck, and application, and, and, and.....

In short it will involve moving a cross member between frame rails. Trust me, you don't want the long version.

Our next step is to make sure that our hydraulics are working perfectly so we know the height the ram will push to and then do the math on if the ram will push a full load. Apparently the math will involve measuring the fluid pressure, the piston size, both ends of the scissor lift as well as the distances from our final pivot point at the rear. I don't know, my old man's the engineer. If I can't fix it with a chainsaw, it most likely doesn't get done.

Latest posts

Back