Dumpin' a Snag with the 880 (video)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right on...Good posts by the way,ive learned a lot on better ways to build my saws just by reading your's.

Keep it up

Absolutely awesome. Talk about throwin some chips. I found it interesting that all of the saws sounded to be running close to the same RPMs. A stock 880 sure doesn't turn those Rs. Nice work on the saw and tree.

I really liked the vid, both saws looked like they worked well and that 880 is just wicked. :hmm3grin2orange:

One question and not lookin to get flamed and dont mean to be giving you a hard time or anything. But what makes that tree a snag?

Maybe its just different terms for different areas of the continent but I always thought a snag was a tree that had fallen and caught into another tree or was just a nasty old twisted or broken tree.

:cheers:

No, just for fun and wood. I have to take a snatch block and some wire back up, the best of the tree is underneath the road. Probably got 4 cords in it.

After watching you fall that fir... I was gonna ask if you brought the yarder with you.;)

Another fun video! Thanks for sharing.:cheers:

He looked pretty natural sporting that 880 around. And that thing was throwing some serious chips. Yahoo.

Hey Slingr, you must be a good size "Fellar". You make that 880 look like half that.........like an 044. I am impressed by the way you handle those saws. I learn some things watching these vids. Pros make it look so easy. Many years experiance, I am sure.

Is that 880 on Steroids? Man, that thing has got some cajones. This crazy kid I know, takes one of them up in the tree. Freekin nutcase!

Nice video, thanks

Nice video, nice saws.

You made me nervous standing on the low side of that log; then you switched near the end.

KRS

That 880 is smokin and I would imagine that the 7900 isnt even broke in yet still cant hang with that 880 but thats the difference in 50cc right. Glad to see you doing well and see that you finally got to take some time off to make some more learning material for us.

Even more impressive to me is the way he handles that big saw! If you've never run one...it's a LOT of saw to handle like he is. Makes it look like a 460.

:agree2: Handling an 880 or 084 is not for everybody. Slinger makes it look easy, but it really ain't. Impressive chip making machine that is...:greenchainsaw:

nice drop too.

Latest posts

Back